PDA

View Full Version : BB pocket Queens

Binkus
05-07-2003, 10:53 PM
5-10 online game dea;t QhQs in BB UTG+2 open raises, mp reraises and button 3 bets I call expecting it to get caped. All call. Flop is 5s3dQd I lead out and am raised by utg2 all call including me with the intintion to raise it on the turn. turn card is 6h I lead out and all call, river is 3s I lead out and am called by utg2.

My questions on the play
1. should I have caped it pf or coldcall in order to conceal my hand. I was realtivly certain it would have been capped anyways

2.I lead out on the flop certain I would be raised and limit the field a little should I have reraised or wait untill the turn in order to try to get more value out of the hand.

3.looking back I know that leading out on the turn into the raiser showed a realitve amount of strenght in my hand and I would have been better to checkraise the turn in order to trap any other callers. At least this is how I look at it. Is my thought procsses correct about this

SoBeDude
05-07-2003, 11:00 PM
I personally like the check-call on the flop to keep others in to pay you off. but leading out on the turn may have cost you a bet.

I think a check/raise on the turn would have made you more money. You have no reason to doubt that UTG+2 is going to bet. I'd go for the check/raise.

-Scott

travisand
05-08-2003, 12:01 AM
I would either have 3 bet the flop and lead out on the turn or called the flop and check-raised the turn.

By just calling the flop and then betting into the raiser on the turn you are representing a lot of strength and are not likely to get raised so you will have no opportunity to 3 bet.

I think you cost yourself quite a few BB's on this hand.

J.R.
05-08-2003, 01:06 PM
Was this hand played with a 5-bet cap? UTG+2 open-raised, MP three-bet and the button made it 4 bets. I don't see anyhting wrong with calling here, as there is undoubtedly overcards out there and possibly a bigger pair, and someone else is likely to cap as well, so you gain deception and are not liekly to lose that pre-flop bet (although you did in this hand).

I like your lead bet on the flop. Because the raise came from the player to your left, as you know, you missed a great opportunity to trap everyone for two big bets on the turn.

Due to the pre-flop action, the pot size is huge and your opponents are likely to hold big pairs or overcards, so I don't think you risk of limiting the field is that great if you lead bet the flop, as I would expect your opponents to be willing to call two bets here.

I would have three-bet the flop if a two flush was on the board and led the turn if a blank fell.