PDA

View Full Version : New Stars look

William Wilson
09-20-2005, 02:45 AM
I hate it. It's gaudy and annoying. One of the reasons I quickly fell in love with Stars was because of its subtle software. They're jacking it up.

WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Thank you and goodbye

timprov
09-20-2005, 03:04 AM
I don't know if they agreed with you or what, but I just downloaded the upgrade and it looks the same as before to me. They've been known to pull back upgrades quickly before.

Synergistic Explosions
09-20-2005, 03:07 AM
You are funny. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dibbs
09-20-2005, 03:18 AM
I was just changing the looks of the chips in photoshop as you posted this. I already have different cards and a different table/background from way back in action. I should probably upgrade .

Does it really have a new look or what?

William Wilson
09-20-2005, 03:25 AM
It's not a big change, but it's just enough to make me want to kick my cat.

LotsOfOuts69
09-20-2005, 03:54 AM
I dont play stars that much, but I always found it hard to tell who's turn it was to act. I knida like the new look.

09-20-2005, 04:00 AM
they made the Notes indicator larger-which is nice

09-20-2005, 04:13 AM
I don't see much changed - they still have that old plaster wall/Tool video background and everything, the only thing that jumped out was that it is now much easier to see whose turn it is to act.

I say it's an improvement.

William Wilson
09-20-2005, 04:24 AM
It's change. Therefore I must fear it.

TylerD
09-20-2005, 04:53 AM
screenshot please.

gr8vertical
09-20-2005, 04:54 AM
The only difference I see is when the players name is flashing the player name box and their chip count looks different.

waffle
09-20-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
screenshot please.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/7848/stars8xg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

krazyace5
09-20-2005, 05:06 AM
Why's NL Killer playing limit? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gorgonian
09-20-2005, 09:50 AM
I believe the slight transparency on the name/chip count box is new also. It also seems the latest upgrade has installed a new program called "PokerStarsCommunicator" that wants to connect through my firewall all of a sudden. No idea what that's about, but my firewall definitely asked me what was up with it.

Mempho
09-20-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont play stars that much, but I always found it hard to tell who's turn it was to act. I knida like the new look.

[/ QUOTE ]

I quit playing stars for this reason.

toss
09-20-2005, 10:16 AM
I like the Stacraft:BW avatar.

fooz
09-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Notes indicator?? I didn't know there was one.

Are you saying there's something that tells me if I have notes on someone without me having to right-click on everybody?

09-20-2005, 11:41 AM
yes it is nice indicator that has been enlarged by about 50% with this upgrade. I also really like the new hi-lighting when it is players turn to act.

Stars software is so sweet!

Only criticism I have is that with the increasing popularity of Stars the Lobby is getting very busy if you look at say LHE or NLHE across multiple limits...there are now so many tables that it's a little annoying.

I also really dislike the way you are called to a table you are waitlisted on...the software forces it right in front of you and relentlessly like every 10/15 seconds until you seat yourself.. If you are already multi-tabling this can drive you crazy.

Bradyams
09-20-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Notes indicator?? I didn't know there was one.

Are you saying there's something that tells me if I have notes on someone without me having to right-click on everybody?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have notes on somebody a little capital N in a box is placed at the bottom of their avatar. Also you don't have to right click on names to get to their notes. Just double click their avatar and their notes box will come up.

Beavis68
09-20-2005, 01:43 PM
I like the new look a lot.

I still hate the background, someone a little more even and darker would be better.

I also which the buttons would be moved up a little higher from the edge of the screen. I have a bad habit of clicking just off the edge of the screen and popping up IE.

Only site I do that on.

Subby
09-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Any change to the organization in the game lobby? This needed more improvement than anywhere else, imo.

This is one are where Party skins are far superior.

Ro-me-ro
09-20-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I still hate the background, someone a little more even and darker would be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Download the Test Site (http://www.testpokerstars.com) (make sure you read the instructions (http://www.testpokerstars.com/instructions.html)) and take a look at the Options menu...we have some neat new backgrounds which I guess will eventually become optional on the main site too. The "Stars" background is totally neat imho /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Feedback to support@testpokerstars.com is of course appreciated!

Rom

Supersetoy
09-20-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. It was especially hard for me to tell while multi-tabling.