PDA

View Full Version : The laydown no one likes to make

gh9801
09-20-2005, 02:44 AM
Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 15.70 BB.

SB 25/9/1.8 over ~630 hands

Comments?

thesharpie
09-20-2005, 02:51 AM
Bad fold.

LImitPlayer
09-20-2005, 02:52 AM
good fold

gh9801
09-20-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually don't do this, but villain surely puts me on an overpair, yet threebets me anyways. I think I'm drawing to two outs.

We all have had this situation many times, and pretty much eveyr time we see a set/boat. Yet no one folds.

gh9801
09-20-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good fold

[/ QUOTE ]

At the same time, I'm still not confident this is good. Someone could be [censored] around here, I only have to catch them once

Bodhi
09-20-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
villain surely puts me on an overpair

[/ QUOTE ]

Your fold may be a good one, but you have no evidence whatsoever for the above remark.

gh9801
09-20-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
villain surely puts me on an overpair

[/ QUOTE ]

Your fold may be a good one, but you have no evidence whatsoever for the above remark.

[/ QUOTE ]

I threebet flop, raised turn, raised preflop... have been TAG/not out of line... hopefully that's enough indication.

thesharpie
09-20-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bad fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually don't do this, but villain surely puts me on an overpair, yet threebets me anyways. I think I'm drawing to two outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a thinking type who will put you on an overpair, he knows you'll put him on a set/trips if he 3 bets. This worries me. Even if he doesn't think that far I can think of a couple made hands he plays like this that he might think are best, and you can never rule out draws like A/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

LImitPlayer
09-20-2005, 02:59 AM
The BB is 3 betting the turn into a pf raiser and an UTG player, the pf raiser clearly likes his hand enough to aise the flop and the turn and the BB is still 3 betting him, he is clearly not worried about your overpair or what UTG has.

Easy fold

Bodhi
09-20-2005, 03:01 AM
I don't know what sort of opponents you play with, but people are constantly looking for excuses to put me on overcards when I have an overpair. It's a product of human denial, I guess.

What would be an accurate presentation of the postflop action is this: "the villain doesn't give a [censored] about what I have."

Call down.

bottomset
09-20-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and you can never rule out draws like A8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif is on the board, so yeah you can rule that out, A2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif got there on the turn

gh9801
09-20-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bad fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a thinking type who will put you on an overpair, he knows you'll put him on a set/trips if he 3 bets. This worries me. Even if he doesn't think that far I can think of a couple made hands he plays like this that he might think are best, and you can never rule out draws like A/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 8 and 4 are hearts. If he had a huge draw he didn't play it like one. At least I don't think he did. His line was weird... I have no idea why he led, unless he led with the intention to threebet.

gh9801
09-20-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what sort of opponents you play with, but people are constantly looking for excuses to put me on overcards when I have an overpair. It's a product of human denial, I guess.

What would be an accurate presentation of the postflop action is this: "the villain doesn't give a [censored] about what I have."

Call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always called down HU in this situatino, to usually lose UI. How good is your overpair usually when someone threebets the turn? Sure the crying calls are obligatory sometimes... or are they relaly?

Unless villain is someone who routinely threebets draws on the turn, I'm going to assume he has a made hand most of the time

LImitPlayer
09-20-2005, 03:05 AM
His play is also consistant with someone who has made a set or 2 pair on the flop.

He's not going to checkraise and force out the other players when he can trap them for more bets

rmarotti
09-20-2005, 03:11 AM
This is fine. Bet/3-bet is a strong move. Yer probably drawing to 2 outs.