PDA

View Full Version : Lets do a calldown... AQin a not so big pot

Justin A
09-20-2005, 01:57 AM
SB is 35/0 but it's only 40 hands.

I open with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the hijack. Both blinds call.

Flop is 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. (6 SB)
Checked to me I bet, SB calls and BB folds.

Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. (4 BB)
I bet, SB Checkraises, I call.

River is 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. (8 BB)
SB bets and I call.

NLSoldier
09-20-2005, 02:02 AM
hmm, the only thing he could have been semibluffing on the turn just got there. so now your hoping he was on complete air. I dunno, even over 40 hands i think a 0 pfr is enough to sugest a guy is pretty passive. so i dont think i like the river call.

rmarotti
09-20-2005, 02:04 AM
I hate this calldown, but i probably do it too. I think you should fold though.

Justin A
09-20-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hmm, the only thing he could have been semibluffing on the turn just got there. so now your hoping he was on complete air. I dunno, even over 40 hands i think a 0 pfr is enough to sugest a guy is pretty passive. so i dont think i like the river call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diamonds?

Justin A
09-20-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely played overcards?

NLSoldier
09-20-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Diamonds?

[/ QUOTE ]

a 5.

TheHammer24
09-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Is the pot big enough to call this on the river. 0 pfr is pretty passive even after 40 hands. A5, 55, X5, 77, 88, virtually any pocket pair is a possibility here. I think calling the river was bad..

newhizzle
09-20-2005, 05:16 PM
against your average player, id probly call, but with VPIP at 35, a 2 is a possibility, and this guy seems real passive, so i dont think it can be right here

SeaEagle
09-20-2005, 05:43 PM
This appears to be an excellent example of where you have to decide your river play in order figure out your turn play.

On the turn, you're getting 7-1. You need 6 outs to call and the overcards aren't outs unless Mr. Passive is c/ring with 4x or 3x (I'm assuming he's not).

But if he's bluffing even 4% of the time, then you'd have enough pot equity to call the turn. However, if you're going to fold the river UI, then you'll never get to see if he's bluffing and so you have to make your decision on the turn based soley on your outs, which isn't enough.

Now, on the river, you'll be getting 9-1 on your call, so he'll need to be bluffing 10% of the time for that call to break even. So...if you think he's bluffing 10% of the time, you should make the turn call and plan on calling the river UI.

(and, yes, I know this all assumes no implied odds - since I expect him to check a river 5 and I expect hero not to raise anything else)

Bill C
09-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Marginal hand and a small pot. You don't improve on the turn pair-up, and he check-raises. Looks like a reasonable fold to me.

bc

Justin A
09-20-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Marginal hand and a small pot. You don't improve on the turn pair-up, and he check-raises. Looks like a reasonable fold to me.

bc

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a gutshot also.

newhizzle
09-20-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Diamonds?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see this guy semibluff check/raising anything on the turn

Justin A
09-20-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Diamonds?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see this guy semibluff check/raising anything on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest I didn't think he was semibluffing either, I just had a feeling he was FOS because the board was so small and he figured I missed it.

Villain showed A8s and MHIG.