PDA

View Full Version : 88 flops overpair

thesharpie
09-20-2005, 01:07 AM
2/4 Titan poker, plays a bit tighter than Party 2/4.

BB opened with AJo in LP, called a BB 3 bet and raised a 3 flush flop with just the J of that suit. Another time she checked all 3 streets HU IP against a PFRer, didn't bluff.

Couple limpers, one tightish from EP, I limp in CO with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif (I know, raise), folded to BB who checks.

Flop 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, EP folds, LPP calls, I raise, BB 3 bets, LPP folds, I call.

Turn 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 5.5BB

BB bets, I call.

River 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7.5BB

BB bets, I???

SackUp
09-20-2005, 01:17 AM
fold and maybe even consider folding the turn. What is he 3 betting with on the flop that he is not crushing us with on the turn? 77 or 88 are you only chances and you do the math on those. I think he has 2 pair, trips or a straight enough here that folding is fine. Plus the pot is not that big even with the 3 bet on the flop.

paperboyNC
09-20-2005, 01:18 AM
river is an easy call. you may not always win, but enough that you have to call. if you are going to fold u have to do it earlier.

rmarotti
09-20-2005, 01:19 AM
Raise the turn.

thesharpie
09-20-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold and maybe even consider folding the turn. What is he 3 betting with on the flop that he is not crushing us with on the turn? 77 or 88 are you only chances and you do the math on those. I think he has 2 pair, trips or a straight enough here that folding is fine. Plus the pot is not that big even with the 3 bet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can have 24, some flushdraw, maybe even something like 55.

I believe raising the turn (and folding to a 3 bet) is best here, like rmarotti said.

Edit: Does anyone else raise this preflop in the CO if there are two tightish limpers?

rmarotti
09-20-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: Does anyone else raise this preflop in the CO if there are two tightish limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, the OP said ignore PF though.

Bodhi
09-20-2005, 03:06 AM
Well, obviously you don't fold here, so what's your question? I cap the flop.

09-20-2005, 03:57 AM
I think, you should fold the turn bet with 88 as you should with AA. A two pair hand, consisting of your pocket pair and 66 will not win this hand. BB has either trips or a straight.