PDA

View Full Version : Truepoker pet peeves

PokerPaul
05-07-2003, 07:38 PM
I have recently started to play at truepoker, and i must admit that the graphics and feel are superior to any other sites, and it indeed does give one the most truelife similarity to poker, due to the 3d like visuals.

However, there are a couple of things that really annoy me.

- I do not need to know, nor do i care whenever a new player logs onto the site, so why do they choose to pop that message up all night.

- Same goes for whenever seats are available at other tables, while i am playing at a table already. I am talking about tables where i am NOT waitlisted or interested in. Its like a constant battle to click OK to remove these never ending popup messages, and its distracting to my play.

- I don't get the whole idea of real cash vs. real chips?? Why do i have to transfer real cash into real chips to bring them to the table. It seems like an annoying extra step.

I like the site, but those 3 things i find extremely annoying......

Maybe its just me, but i'd like others opinions of the same....

MS Sunshine
05-07-2003, 08:12 PM
Since I'm slightly over forty, seeing the cards at the other end of the table at True is a pain in the butt.

MS Sunshine

TruePoker CEO
05-07-2003, 08:33 PM
"[I] must admit that the graphics and feel are superior to any other sites, and it indeed does give one the most truelife similarity to poker, due to the 3d like visuals."

Thanks for the lead in compliments. We do try and distinguish our site by its unique 3D visuals and avatar actions.

With respect to your peeves:

We do announce new arrivals in fairly unobtrusive text in the bottom left corner, away from the table. We do this because some people like to see when their friends/fish arrive. We respect your peeve, but think it is a matter of taste.

Announcing available seats or new games is a different matter. Again, we do so to bring players to the new games/tables who may not have signed a waiting list. We try and only message those tables which are somewhat relate in stakes or game type. We'll have to watch that and the frequency of messages I guess. (Let me know if this continues at an unacceptable pace in your view.)

The Real chips v. Real cash concept is designed to facilitate seating at games with limits on what you can bring to the table (Pot Limit v. No Limit for example). Some players also maintain rather large rcash accounts, which they may not wish to bring expose to the tables during play. If this is a real peeve, you can put your whole bankroll in real chips when you buy-in,

Thanks for the feedback. We would also welcome others' feedback, ESPECIALLY re peeves.

Thanks for your business, did you get the 20% signup bonus for new players ?

TruePoker CEO