PDA

View Full Version : bubble hand, correct play?

steviej1717
09-19-2005, 11:14 PM
$11 tourney

4 left, I have 1025 in the bb 100.
utg has me covered by 500.

Others folded, no extremely short stacks.

utg minraises, folded to me i have 10 - 8 off, I call??
- is this call ok?

flop comes 8 high all spades.

I lead 400, leaving 425 behind, utg minraises again. whats the default play. Am I too short / have too good of a hand to fold?

tshort
09-20-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
$11 tourney

4 left, I have 1025 in the bb 100.
utg has me covered by 500.

Others folded, no extremely short stacks.

utg minraises, folded to me i have 10 - 8 off, I call??
- is this call ok?

flop comes 8 high all spades.

I lead 400, leaving 425 behind, utg minraises again. whats the default play. Am I too short / have too good of a hand to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop.

Given you called, I would have pushed the flop.

kyro
09-20-2005, 12:06 AM
Sometimes it's OK to call minraises from the BB with trash, but you have to be very careful at these blinds. Also, unless I have the Ts, I would just get out of that hand without even betting. If you're behind, it's way behind, and if you're ahead, it ain't by much.

Jackrabbit Slim
09-20-2005, 12:07 AM
Fold preflop. You have a pretty healthy stack so there is no need to make a stand with a crap hand.

Personally, I would probably check/fold that flop unless you had the T /images/graemlins/spade.gif and even then I might fold it. When you bet that much you have to call his raise since you're pot comitted so you might as well push right away instead of that pot sized bet.

If villain has overcards with a spade or an overpair you are way way behind here and those are pretty likely hands. The only thing you possibly beat is overs without spades. I wouldn't put the tournament on the line to find out which it is.