PDA

View Full Version : Best move and a great line at the Poker Table

Jimbo
05-07-2003, 06:19 PM
I played some P/L poker with the same core group of friends who have been playing together for over 20 years last night. Since several of our regulars are in Vegas for the WSOP there were a couple of new faces. One of these newbies made the following world class play in a hand of Omaha High:

Earlier play not too important but with $600 in the pot and the newbie UTG he checks, an agressive player bets $100 on the river when a 3rd heart comes. He is called in two places and it is back to Newbie who calls and raises the pot ($1000), everyone now folds and the agressive player is harshly criticized whereupon he says "How was I supposed to know he checked the nuts?" Now the newbie says "I didn't have the nuts just a pair of aces" and shows two of his cards to be aces. Then he says "no wait I had three" and shows a third. Then he says I was wrong I had all four and shows his last card to be the case ace. When asked why he played quads in his hand in Omaha he replied "In case an ace flopped I was sure pretty sure I'd have the only top set!" /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

HDPM
05-07-2003, 08:12 PM
How many aces you guys paly with? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Nice re-raise on the river there tho.

Daliman
05-10-2003, 06:00 PM
yes, it was a great mave and line, yet actually, it was fairly obvious. If these players had half a clue, it's really the only play to make against them, as he can be absolutly SURE no one has the nut flush. Good story.