PDA

View Full Version : To those who play 8 tables, which is easier? limit or NL?

Marc Desjardins
09-19-2005, 10:17 PM
I've been playing 4 tables for a while now, playing limit 1/2 and NL 25. My winrate is about 3-4 times bigger at NL, which means I pretty much have the same hourly rate at both.

I have about 10k hands at both level, but my bankroll is not quite high enough to move up limit, so I was thinking I might try playing more tables. I will start by adding two and then if all goes well, I'll go to 8.

But my question is which do you feel is easier to multi-table, limit or NL?

Thanks for any input you might have...

Bradyams
09-19-2005, 11:23 PM
I don't play NL, but I'm gonna make a wild guess and say that limit is much much much easier to multi-table.

smartalecc5
09-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Why stunt your growths? Shouldn't 8 tables of NL25 be equivalent of 4tables of NL50??

TheIrishThug
09-19-2005, 11:52 PM
used to play only nl, just started spliting my time.

its a lot easier to go into autopiolt in limit. which is what u will be doing with that many tables.

it's ur decision but i would move up levels rather than add tables.

pzhon
09-20-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why stunt your growths? Shouldn't 8 tables of NL25 be equivalent of 4tables of NL50??

[/ QUOTE ]
No. The lowest level of NL available is always particularly profitable. For example, at NL 50, they rarely call when you open push to 100 BB UTG. As you double the stakes, the profit made by good players in BB/100 may decrease by a factor of about 1.3.

I agree with the idea that in the long run, moving up is a better idea than multitabling more.

Rudbaeck
09-20-2005, 04:45 AM
I'd say that short stack no limit is by far the easiest to multitable. A distant second is 'regular' limit, and a bit after that deep stack NL.