PDA

View Full Version : fish are getting smarter

Felipe
09-19-2005, 10:09 PM
there's a lot of talk here that .5/1.0 games are getting tougher, etc. I've also noticed here as of late that that 'newbie' and 'enthusiasts' are posting here a lot more. I think this is all a sign that the low limit guys we all used to win money from are slowly deciding to become educated in the game.

Discuss.

Cosimo
09-19-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm seeing a lot more tables with 7 players with VPIP < 20% and a couple loose fish. Sometimes there's just one or two players with 40%-ish VPIP and eight guys with < 20%.

So, yeah, I think the games are getting tougher.

PFR generally isn't going up (yet), so the world has not ended.

Felipe
09-19-2005, 10:18 PM
At least on Stars, i'm noticing all the same rocks crowding around the fish pond. It's irritating.

And the the low preflop raises are good for my little suited aces suited kings. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TripleH68
09-19-2005, 10:20 PM
If what you guys want is a really easy game, allow me to suggest a game of Scrabble against fourth graders.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rev. Good Will
09-19-2005, 10:20 PM
sounds like we need more 2c/4c stars 2+2 games to learn how to pwn tags

deception5
09-19-2005, 10:41 PM
Someone can see <20% of the flops and spew chips like mad after the flop.

J. Stew
09-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Naw, I played at a table today that had a vpip of 48 and pf raise % of zero. Maybe that's getting more rare but the fish are still calling to the river with Ace high.

milesdyson
09-19-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

RatFink
09-19-2005, 11:15 PM
I hope they become so smart that they want to move up.

For every 1 that gets "smart" there are 10 new and old ones that don't. Eventually it will all dry up and then we'll be playing each other until we realize we're not smart either.

The sky isn't falling, and I'm sure you'll find this exact post made 3 years ago.

marchron
09-19-2005, 11:23 PM
Give it just a little more time.

When the WSOP Main Event starts on ESPN, you'll probably see a flood of fish.

numeri
09-19-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And limping 65s in EP because Doyle says to. Oh, and LRR those pocket rockets because you don't want to scare anyone away. (By the way, you must use the term 'pocket rockets'. It's vital to being successful in poker. That and 'big slick'.)

NateDog
09-19-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And limping 65s in EP because Doyle says to. Oh, and LRR those pocket rockets because you don't want to scare anyone away. (By the way, you must use the term 'pocket rockets'. It's vital to being successful in poker. That and 'big slick'.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that J4o is also a reasonable candidate for a UTG limp re-raise. I like to call it 'big schlongie'.

numeri
09-19-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find that J4o is also a reasonable candidate for a UTG limp re-raise. I like to call it 'big schlongie'.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, does that totally not bring you back to the days in 0.02/0.04? Fun times, fun times. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

LoaferGee12
09-19-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there's a lot of talk here that .5/1.0 games are getting tougher, etc. I've also noticed here as of late that that 'newbie' and 'enthusiasts' are posting here a lot more. I think this is all a sign that the low limit guys we all used to win money from are slowly deciding to become educated in the game.

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear there is a post like this everyday.

scotty34
09-19-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

J4 is actually called a flat tire.

bozlax
09-19-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]
argh argh argh argh argh argh argh argh argh argh argh argh

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

MrWookie47
09-20-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear there is a post like this everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Maybe not here, but there's always one on the front page of the zoo. I'm going to lock this thread so it dies.