PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 ATs

Chris Daddy Cool
09-19-2005, 09:52 PM
here is a hand i played today, not sure if its simple or not.

20/40 on party.

i raise in MP with ATs. a no name no skills guy calls me next up and its folded HU.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet. He raises. I 3-bet. He caps. I call.

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check and fold.

newhizzle
09-19-2005, 09:53 PM
theres no draws on this board, so i dont think you can go wrong with not 3-betting and check/calling turn

edit: or donk/folding turn if hes passive

gaming_mouse
09-19-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm assuming "no name no skills" means that you've been playing with him at least a little while and havn't seen him act up.

If that's the case I like the fold.

Also, I'm assume you had a bd flush door on the flop. If you didn't, you're folding your <=3 outs to his flop cap, right?

Nick Royale
09-19-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not sure if its simple or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not simple for me, since I would have called his flop raise and check/called down. The read you give don't say much, but I'm hoping for him to be bad and overplay a hand HU (at my limits many bad players does, but I don't know how it is we're you're at)

So instead of taking a WA/WB aproach you want to save some money (1BB) by getting to know on the flop we're you're at. And this 5 on the turn isn't a scare card for you, since you're planning to check/fold the turn UI.

Since your kicker isn't great I guess this fold is safe. You might be giving up some outs by not calling down, but he'll have you drawing to 3 out most often and drawing dead some of the time.

I guess this is line is based on your weak kicker, since I assume you wouldn't take the same line with AK/AQ.

Also I might want to take the line to just call down if I have a read on my opponent as a bit over aggressive.

cold_cash
09-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Hi Chris.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm assume you had a bd flush door on the flop. If you didn't, you're folding your <=3 outs to his flop cap, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about this also.

I was thinking if you put him on a set you can just fold to the flop cap, no?

donny5k
09-20-2005, 12:37 AM
Considering you aren't drawing dead against any hand (except AA), you'd need to elaborate on what your read means for me to not call down here.

nubs
09-20-2005, 01:14 AM
This one does seem very simple. I think its an obvious WA/WB situation, unless this chump likes to cold call with 67. There is no need to go wild on this flop. If you just call the flop and check call the turn and river you end up paying one more BB but you also get a showdown and have the chance to improve. And you are obviously betting a blank river if he checks through the turn. Heh, I cnan hardly decifer my own post congratulations if you could.

aK13
09-20-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Considering you aren't drawing dead against any hand (except AA), you'd need to elaborate on what your read means for me to not call down here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have odds to draw to 3 (or less) outs last I checked.

CDC -- What's the action on 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ? 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ? another A? T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif? (assuming you don't have AT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif)