PDA

View Full Version : David turned out to be a christian all along!!

Jeff V
09-19-2005, 08:13 PM
He believed in the birth,death,resurrection, and saving power of Jesus all along. It turns out all of his I'm smarter than you, and smart people shouldn't believe in God babble was just a ruse. What he was really doing was helping believers (like himself) develop their apologetic muscles, therby leading to the conversion and salvation of many, many people. I personally would like to thank you for your work in this area DS. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jeff

David Sklansky
09-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Actually I am an angel sent from God with the assignment to see which people's beliefs I could shake.

Just kidding. But I wonder how many people had that thought cross their mind.

chezlaw
09-19-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually I am an angel sent from God with the assignment to see which people's beliefs I could shake.

Just kidding. But I wonder how many people had that thought cross their mind .

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought that you were a messenger from god or the thought that you thought you were a messenger from god?

BluffTHIS!
09-20-2005, 06:39 AM
Don't some of you christians think that David might just be tool used by God for His purposes in challenging or awakening the faith of others? And if so, then wouldn't that mean that David doesn't truly have free will?

MMMMMM
09-20-2005, 07:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And if so, then wouldn't that mean that David doesn't truly have free will?

[/ QUOTE ]

So...what, if anything, could David do as a test to determine whether or not he has free will?

Can anyone suggest an experiment which might actually be able to test whether free will exists in a subject? (or at least might eliminate one possibility? or at the very least might be suggestive in one direction or the other?)

The question of free will has been discussed on this forum and I missed most of those discussions. Has the matter of a TEST ever been considered at length, though?

Just because such a test might not be readily apparent does not mean that no such test could exist (although maybe it couldn't).

It would be interesting if someone could produce the germ of an idea which might be able to serve as a test as to whether a subject has free will or not. The test might or might not include control subjects as well.

Jeff V
09-20-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So...what, if anything, could David do as a test to determine whether or not he has free will?

[/ QUOTE ]

If David were to throw away that pale yellow Polo shirt and those black jeans, I would seriously wonder if he had free will. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Georgia Avenue
09-20-2005, 10:52 AM
I believe American Democracy is this test. Results are still out however...

Eventual Tyranny=No free will.
Other Demise=Free will exists.

Let's hope we self-destruct before becoming a true empire...Bring on the global warming!

Timer
09-20-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't some of you christians think that David might just be a tool...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.