PDA

View Full Version : Bigger A-holes?

TheMainEvent
09-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with it.

touchfaith
09-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Don't get me started....

lucas9000
09-19-2005, 08:11 PM
if new yorkers are a-holes, they're a-holes in a good kind of way.

phage
09-19-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me started....

[/ QUOTE ]
C'mon get us started...Let out that Northern California RAGE. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Neither is any better than the other, they're just different kinds of assholes. New Yorkers are bigger jackasses, while Los Angelinos (?) have a much higher douchebaggery quotient.

touchfaith
09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't get me started....

[/ QUOTE ]
C'mon get us started...Let out that Northern California RAGE. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Imma lover, not a....ahhh [censored] it, nobody's buying that crap.

LOS ANGELES SUCKS

All Doger (not misspelled) fans must die.

private joker
09-19-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Neither is any better than the other, they're just different kinds of assholes. New Yorkers are bigger jackasses, while Los Angelenos have a much higher douchebaggery quotient.

[/ QUOTE ]

09-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Is it bad or good to be an A-hole?

09-20-2005, 02:54 AM
They are both A-Holes, but at least the New Yorkers know that they are.

ChipWrecked
09-20-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Neither is any better than the other, they're just different kinds of assholes. New Yorkers are bigger jackasses, while Los Angelinos (?) have a much higher douchebaggery quotient.

[/ QUOTE ]

He ain't a rocket scientist for nothing, kids.

Mars357
09-20-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply the most brilliant thing I've ever read on 2+2... amazing, true, and pretty damn funny to boot.

hoopsie44
09-20-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply the most brilliant thing I've ever read on 2+2... amazing, true, and pretty damn funny to boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're easily impressed.

Los Feliz Slim
09-20-2005, 10:35 AM
I was born in NY and now live in LA. I consider myself an authority on this subject. I have a few questions.

Are we comparing average a-holeness of the general population, taking into account the very small number of non-a-holes in each city; or are we measuring the large number of a-holes and averaging their a-holeness? Or, are we comparing the top dogs, i.e. "The Biggest A-Hole in LA vs. The Biggest A-Hole in NY"?

Now that I've thought about it more, however, it doesn't matter. The answer is Los Angeles [hackneyed phrase to indicate that LA triumphs by a wide margin in this regard].

EDIT: Now that I've seen the results, the only conclusion I can draw is that not enough of you have spent any time in LA.

ChipWrecked
09-20-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Now that I've seen the results, the only conclusion I can draw is that not enough of you have spent any time in LA.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is also the fact that NY'ers don't drive for the most part, and much of Angelino's a'holishness occurs behind the wheel. This could be interpreted as douchebaggery though, IMO, and NY'ers make a'holishness more a part of overall daily activity. So I would still call Patrick's assessment accurate.

TheMainEvent
09-20-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are we comparing average a-holeness of the general population, taking into account the very small number of non-a-holes in each city; or are we measuring the large number of a-holes and averaging their a-holeness? Or, are we comparing the top dogs, i.e. "The Biggest A-Hole in LA vs. The Biggest A-Hole in NY"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking if you spent a day doing normal activities in each city, which one would be more likely to make you say "Wow, what a bunch of A-holes!"

touchfaith
09-20-2005, 12:46 PM
On a side note, I am saddened, shocked, amazed and a bit insulted that I did not make it as an option in this poll.

I must not be trying hard enough.

Expect corrective measures.

JihadOnTheRiver
09-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Although I'm not really a fan of NY, I think that LA should burn in giant ball of flaming feces. Everybody there is generally a very bad human being.

Paluka
09-20-2005, 01:07 PM
I grew up in the midwest, where everyone thinks everyone in NYC or LA are jerks. Living in NYC, I can say that is not true. So I voted for LA.

Los Feliz Slim
09-20-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I was thinking if you spent a day doing normal activities in each city, which one would be more likely to make you say "Wow, what a bunch of A-holes!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, that might be a different story. In a typical day in NY you'll come into contact with far more people. This is because people in LA hermetically seal themselves off from the rest of the population (see: one person per car). Also, we start to get into what an "a-hole" is. If it's how you treat other people in the first five minutes you meet them, NY might take it. If it's the general state of how rotten your soul is, LA is undisputed.

ChipWrecked
09-20-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it's how you treat other people in the first five minutes you meet them, NY might take it. If it's the general state of how rotten your soul is, LA is undisputed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, that's deep. Seriously.

When you get cut off on the freeway Slim, what's your first thought: What a douchebag! Or, What an a'hole! I'm about 50/50 on this. Some are clearly a'holes who don't care, others are clearly douchebags who don't know any better.