PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here find Guiness.....

09-19-2005, 07:40 PM
......too dark and heavy? i tried it for the first time last night and i thought of a beer flavored milkshake, it was so heavy. And what the hell is that plastic thing at the bottom of the bottle?

miajag81
09-19-2005, 07:44 PM
You make it sound like a beer-flavored milkshake is a bad thing. If you think Guinness is too thick, I'd recommend you stay away from Russian Imperial Stout.

pokerdirty
09-19-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
......too dark and heavy? i tried it for the first time last night and i thought of a beer flavored milkshake, it was so heavy. And what the hell is that plastic thing at the bottom of the bottle?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are going to drink it at home, drink it out of the cans, not the bottles. but don't drink it at home, drink it at a bar. taste improves 10000x

STLantny
09-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Guniss is not thick at all, its actually comparable macronutrient-wise to most light beers here in America. Its just that the its brewed with burnt hops, making it look dark.

swede123
There is the time for Guiness, and there is the time when another beer is better. You just need to find out the right time and you'll learn to appreciate it much more.

Swede

NoTalent
http://home.howstuffworks.com/question446.htm

Does someone make beer flavored milkshakes anywhere? mmmmmmmm...beer.

Slow Play Ray
Irish car bomb = beer-flavored milkshake

YUM

09-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Ohhhhh, Guinness...how I love ye...

Now look what you've done. There's drool on my keyboard.

On the contrary, I find most beer-flavored-waters (Bud, Coors, etc.) thin and undrinkable. Real beer has, well, stuff in it.

In my college days a GF of mine worked at a nearby pub, where they had about 25 beers on tap but nothing with the word "Light" in it. Only people who got mad about that were the frat brothers, and it was always a laugh to hear it explained that the pub only served good beer.

Edit: That "plastic thing" is there in hopes that people who have had real draught Guinness don't take one sip of the bottled stuff, spit it out, and throw the bottle at the nearest child.

Corey
09-19-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you think Guinness is too thick, I'd recommend you stay away from Beer

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Seriously, Guiness is NOT "thick."

09-19-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm a Heineken man myself.

Slow Play Ray
09-19-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gross.

09-19-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemy!

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-19-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemy!

[/ QUOTE ]
Why don't you just save yourself some cash and drink PBR?

miajag81
09-19-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go so far as to call Heineken gross, but there's tons of better stuff out there.

Sponger15SB
09-19-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG SOMEONE WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN YOU, LETS KILL HIM.

phage
09-19-2005, 08:05 PM
The first time I had a Guiness it changed my life. I absolutely love the stuff /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

NobodysFreak
09-19-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i tried it for the first time last night

[/ QUOTE ]

That right there is your problem. It's rare that a person likes Guiness on their first tasting. It's one of those beers you'll just come to appreciate in time. Don't give up on it though. I didn't like it the first time I had it either, but now it's a staple of my beer drinking diet.

STLantny
09-19-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG SOMEONE WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN YOU, LETS KILL HIM.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not an opinon, you can scientfically prove that Guiness is not thick.

Benal
09-19-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Theif

garyjacosta
09-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Complaining about Guiness is on the level of complaining about God. Pure Heresy!

Of course, I don't believe in God. But at least I KNOW my Guiness exists! And it is damn tasty at that.

PoBoy321
09-19-2005, 08:13 PM
I tend not to like Guiness on its own. I usually find it a little too bitter and I prefer American lagers like Yuengling.

Irish car bombs, however, are delicious and must be tried.

In case you don't know, you pour some Guiness into a pint (or similarly sized) glass. You then take a shot of half irish cream, half irish whiskey and drop it in the Guiness. As soon as you drop it in, you chug the Guiness and it tastes like a milkshake. A delicious, booze-filled milkshake.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That right there is your problem. It's rare that a person likes Guiness on their first tasting. It's one of those beers you'll just come to appreciate in time. Don't give up on it though. I didn't like it the first time I had it either, but now it's a staple of my beer drinking diet.

[/ QUOTE ]
The bigger problem is that he had a bottle and not a pint from the keg. If you must drink it in non-draft form, it should be from a can.

Also, you people need to learn how to spell Guinness.

daveymck
09-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Another guiness based drink is black velvet guiness and cider I think.

I havent tried it in Ireland but its meant to be a completely different drink to what is sold in the rest of the world I think it is thicker, can also try Beamish Black similar type of thing not as well known.

Leo99
09-19-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guniss is not thick at all, its actually comparable macronutrient-wise to most light beers here in America. Its just that the its brewed with burnt hops, making it look dark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Burnt hops??? No, it's brewed with roasted barley.

PoBoy321
09-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Also, let's not forget about black and tans, half guiness, half harp.

And does anyone else have a problem with the fact that all of the names for guiness drinks have to do with the war in northern ireland?

Sponger15SB
09-19-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is not an opinon, you can scientfically prove that Guiness is not thick.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that not an opinion? lol

PoBoy321
09-19-2005, 08:19 PM
I suppose that you could measure its viscosity (sp?) and then set a standard of what constitutes thick.

Sponger15SB
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose that you could measure its viscosity (sp?) and then set a standard of what constitutes thick.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how would you choose this standard?

Voltron87
most people don't like guinness the first time they try it. every american goes to ireland and says "oh yeah guinness great beer!" then they try it, think it sucks, but say its great anyway. theyre idiots.

i was like that too once, i got to ireland and was all excited about it, and when i first had it i thought it was awful. but after you drink 10-15 pints of it in a couple days it becomes awesome. its my favorite beer. part of that might be that i dont get to drink it very often, so its kind of a special treat. if i could drink it more than one month a year i would drink it year round and it might wear off.

its horrible in the US though. i really, really, really hate americans who buy it in the states and say its awesome, theyre idiots. first they probably dont have the taste for it and are just posing, and second they are drinking crap guinness anyway.

Voltron87
09-19-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And how would you choose this standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

relative to other beers?

Sponger15SB
09-19-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
most people don't like guinness the first time they try it. every american goes to ireland and says "oh yeah guinness great beer!" then they try it, think it sucks, but say its great anyway. theyre idiots.

i was like that too once, i got to ireland and was all excited about it, and when i first had it i thought it was awful. but after you drink 10-15 pints of it in a couple days it becomes awesome. its my favorite beer. part of that might be that i dont get to drink it very often, so its kind of a special treat. if i could drink it more than one month a year i would drink it year round and it might wear off.

its horrible in the US though. i really, really, really hate americans who buy it in the states and say its awesome, theyre idiots. first they probably dont have the taste for it and are just posing, and second they are drinking crap guinness anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG SOMEONE WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION THAT YOU, LETS KILL HIM.

Voltron87
09-19-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

posers are lame. i rest my case.

cbfair
09-19-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that is called a "half and half". Black and Tan is Bass Ale on Bottom, Guinness on top.

I drink Black and Tans regularly and one of my pet peaves is upon ordering when the server asks whether I want that with Bass or Harp.

Sponger15SB
09-19-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

posers are lame. i rest my case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't you be in class right now anyways?

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-19-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Granted that it's clearly better in Ireland than the US, it's still a better beer than any other macrobrew here. People who say Americans who drink Guinness are idiots/posers because it's so much better in Ireland are the same as the jackass getting all high and mighty saying "the book was much better." This is high-grade douchebaggery.

The Goober
09-19-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i really, really, really hate americans who buy it in the states and say its awesome, theyre idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its nice to know that a complete stranger really, really, really hates me.

I'm sure the Guinness is better in ireland, but since I'm stuck here in the states, I'm not allowed to drink one of my favorite beers?

Voltron87
09-19-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Granted that it's clearly better in Ireland than the US, it's still a better beer than any other macrobrew here. People who say Americans who drink Guinness are idiots/posers because it's so much better in Ireland are the same kind of douchebags getting all high and mighty saying "the book was much better." This is high-grade douchebaggery.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see your point. ive never had a guinness in the states that was any good, and its ridiculous when a bunch of people are drinking guinness at a bar talking about how awesome it is when im drinking it and its nothing like the real thing, and i know theyre bullshitting. i guess im overreacting a bit to a couple of induvidual cases, but its a big pet peeve.

Voltron87
09-19-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really, really, really hate americans who buy it in the states and say its awesome, theyre idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its nice to know that a complete stranger really, really, really hates me.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i am generalizing a bit. if you really like it, great for you. i just know there are a ton of people who buy it here because of the novelty, dont really like it, but say they do. they piss me off.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure the Guinness is better in ireland, but since I'm stuck here in the states, I'm not allowed to drink one of my favorite beers?

[/ QUOTE ]

And no. I know what's best for everyone. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RiverFenix
09-19-2005, 08:51 PM
The guinness in the states is the same as it is in ireland if you go to a pub that knows what theyre doing. So many pub specific things go into getting a good pint of guinness that different pubs throughout ireland claim to have the "best pint of guinness in ireland". Youll find that so many small things matter too with the taste of guinness. I, as well as many other irish people i met when i studied over there would feel that it was perfectly acceptable to send back a pint if the bartender was too hasty with the time in between pours or if they didnt tilt the glass at a correct angle.

HopeydaFish
09-19-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got violently ill the first time I had Guiness...I had way too many, though, and at the time I found them to be quite tasty. I was at an Irish Pub too, which added to the experience.

However, getting sick on it that first time has conditioned my body to reject it from then on. I can't even smell it now without my stomach turning.

Leo99
09-19-2005, 09:06 PM
There's probably plenty of Irish in Ireland drinking Bud and thinking how good it is.

HopeydaFish
09-19-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's probably plenty of Irish in Ireland drinking Bud and thinking how good it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might be mistaken.

Eurotrash
09-19-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Granted that it's clearly better in Ireland than the US, it's still a better beer than any other macrobrew here. People who say Americans who drink Guinness are idiots/posers because it's so much better in Ireland are the same as the jackass getting all high and mighty saying "the book was much better." This is high-grade douchebaggery.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to agree with Patrick del OOT Grande, here, Voltron. your opinion made you sound like a big time Guiness snob. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

oddjob
09-19-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i see your point. ive never had a guinness in the states that was any good, and its ridiculous when a bunch of people are drinking guinness at a bar talking about how awesome it is when im drinking it and its nothing like the real thing, and i know theyre bullshitting. i guess im overreacting a bit to a couple of induvidual cases, but its a big pet peeve.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate going to a chinese restaurant and hearing about how good the food is there. holy [censored], don't they know that it's so much better in china. they're [censored] morans. total posers. always frontin about how much they like chinese food, when damn, it's not even real.

oddjob
09-19-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to have to agree with Patrick del OOT Grande, here, Voltron. your opinion made you sound like a big time @sshole . /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hey my first FYP

newhizzle
09-19-2005, 09:23 PM
guiness is the dank

newhizzle
09-19-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

heineken is the most over-rated beer ever, not worth the price, guiness is the pure dankness

Voltron87
09-19-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate going to a chinese restaurant and hearing about how good the food is there. holy [censored], don't they know that it's so much better in china. they're [censored] morans. total posers. always frontin about how much they like chinese food, when damn, it's not even real.

[/ QUOTE ]

apples do not equal oranges

Voltron87
09-19-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to agree with Patrick del OOT Grande, here, Voltron. your opinion made you sound like a big time Guiness snob. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be somewhat of a Guinness snob. Though I'm not a general beer snob at all. This is a very specific complaint. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Leo99
09-19-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm going to Ireland in a year or two. I freakin' hope I'm mistaken.

Lafortezza
09-20-2005, 01:43 AM
The Guinness in Ireland is usually very different from the Guinness you get in the States or the rest of Europe. Apparently Australia does good Guinness in places.

Dublin (Ireland's capital city) has so many pubs offering great Guinness but most of them serve to Tourists and/or the weekend crowds so it's more about serving up quantity rather than quality. Guinness in a busy bar or club on a saturday night is slop, it'll will be rushed, not allowed to settle and very overpriced.

What you need to do is to find a small and quiet "old man" type pub where the customers are all regulars and all locals. Galway/Donegal/Kerry will all have these kinds of pubs. But you will get odd looks from the regulars if they don't know you.

The keg needs to be within a short pipe-distance to the taps, ideally directly beneath the taps, and the taps have to be cleaned in a certain way afaik.

And the barman needs to know what the fúck he's doing. This is paramount.

Lafortezza
09-20-2005, 01:44 AM
lol I just spent 20 seconds looking at my own avatar.

09-20-2005, 01:54 AM
20 seconds! hell, I missed my action looking at your avatar.

smokingrobot
09-20-2005, 01:58 AM
plastic thing = rocket widget.

nubs
09-20-2005, 01:58 AM
Pabst is still coasting on its 1893 Blue Ribbon win.

The Don
09-20-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! If they had a contest for beers which cost < $15 for a 30 pack then I would give it the blue ribbon for 2005.

tdp
09-20-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that is called a "half and half". Black and Tan is Bass Ale on Bottom, Guinness on top.

I drink Black and Tans regularly and one of my pet peaves is upon ordering when the server asks whether I want that with Bass or Harp.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect.A true back and tan is Guinness and Harp,both Irish beers.The Bass version is an American thing.

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YSSCKY

mackthefork
09-20-2005, 07:26 AM
Better if you go to Ireland for it.

Mack

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 07:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Better if you go to Ireland for it.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. The best beer I ever had was a Guinness in the Dublin airport after about 6 months dry. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BOTW
09-20-2005, 07:48 AM
Guinness is the best widely available beer. <--that is a period, there.

To appreciate beer you should:

a) Know how to take the "short tour" at the brewery(s)
b) Drink a Guinness in Ireland
c) Find a warm Pabst under the seat, proceed to drinking while telling your buddies, "This ain't so bad. Want some?"
d) Be able to recognize what beer(s) you drank via the taste of the vomit
e) Have said, at least once, "You sure you can't fit another in the beer bong?"
f) Have done a keg stand for at least 30 seconds
g) Have bought beers based on the amount of alcohol per dollar (Steel Reserve 40s and Icehouse usually fair well here)
h) I can't remember the rest

ChipWrecked
09-20-2005, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My late uncle, rest his soul, was a devoted PBR drinker (with ice, presumably so he didn't have to taste it).

Standard line while walking in his door was:

"Wanna beer?"

"I'd love one, but I'll have a Pabst anyway."

Shajen
09-20-2005, 08:43 AM
I don't like Guinness either.

The awesome thing about beer is there are literally thousands to choose from. You'll find yours.

britspin
09-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Do you guys have Guinness extra cold? It's good. I prefer it to the normal Guinness in Summer.

This is heresy, but I don't care.

Shajen
09-20-2005, 09:11 AM
I honestly don't know. As I said, I don't like the taste of Guinness, so I don't actively look for variations of it.

People's tastes are always different...

RunDownHouse
09-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Just to clarify, Guinness has a unique mouth-feel because beer gas (nitrogen and CO2) is used instead of straight CO2.

samjjones
09-20-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect.A true back and tan is Guinness and Harp,both Irish beers.The Bass version is an American thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Q: What is a Black & Tan?

A: What is a Half-and-Half?
The answer depends on who you ask. The all-Guinness Black & Tan is Harp's Lager and Guinness. (Harp's is brewed by Guinness at Dundalk). Many consider the classic Black & Tan to be Bass Pale Ale and Guinness. (To some Irish, they appreciate the fact that the Irish comes out on top!) However, Bass Ale is not as available in Ireland as it used to be, and either Harp or Smithwicks is generally used. However, there are many variations involving a stout or porter and another lighter coloured beer, either lager or ale.

A half-and-half is often just another name for a Black & Tan. However, in many North American Irish pubs, the Bass/Guinness combination is called a Black & Tan, while the Harp/Guinness combination is called a Half-and-Half.

To quote Brendan E. Molloy b.molloy@ic.ac.uk: according to "The Guinness Drinking Companion" by Leslie Dunkling:

Black and Tan = Guinness and Mild
Half and Half = Mild and Bitter

The above book (now sadly out of print) was published by Guinness Publishing and if anyone knows they do! The full Oxford English Dictionary also mentions these mixtures (look under Beer, Ale, Drink, etc.). With the decline of Mild in the UK these names are dropping out of use. In Dublin, where Mild is no longer available, you will get Guinness mixed with Bitter if you ask for a Black and Tan. Some publicans serve other combinations so it is best to check before you buy.
[Note: Mild is a sweet 'Tan' coloured beer., that is typically light in alcohol.]

However, Guinness promotional advertising refers to a Black & Tan as being the Bass and Guinness version. Ken Papai described the ads as follows:

Here is the Guinness Import Company © 1992 ad on their beer card/beer coaster that they distribute at pubs and beer shows:
THE TRUE COLORS OF HALLOWEEN (picture of black & tan in a pint glass)
Guinness (picture of a harp, the Guinness trademark and logo)
Bass Ale (Bass logo)
BLACK & TAN

Cut/Paste from some Guinness website

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys have Guinness extra cold? It's good. I prefer it to the normal Guinness in Summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? Most Americans drink pretty much all our beer cold all the time.

diebitter
09-20-2005, 09:26 AM
There are many beers drunk in Britain and Ireland that are drunk warm, and better for it.

But that American fizzy piss you call beer needs to be cold otherwise you could taste it and you'd either honk up or realise it's flavoured water, and that buzz you get is caused entirely by the placebo effect. It's okay cold, with pizza, though.

spamuell
09-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Guinness from a bottle tastes completely different to Guinness on tap or in a can. In the UK, at least.

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There are many beers drunk in Britain and Ireland that are drunk warm, and better for it.

But that American fizzy piss you call beer needs to be cold otherwise you could taste it and you'd either honk up or realise it's flavoured water, and that buzz you get is caused entirely by the placebo effect. It's okay cold, with pizza, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aware that beer is drunk warm over there in the third world. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Right or wrong I prefer it cold. The question was whether we have cold Guiness so I was saying yea, pretty much all out beer is cold here. And I completely agree that the majority of beer drunk here is crappy piss-water.

Shajen
09-20-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And I completely agree that the majority of beer drunk here is crappy piss-water.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but we eat much better food. <font color="white">Oh that was a wee bit offsides wasn't it? I bet he'll go cry himself to sleep on his huge pilla</font>

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Guinness from a bottle tastes completely different to Guinness on tap or in a can. In the UK, at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll only drink it on draft.

diebitter
09-20-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm aware that beer is drunk warm over there in the civilised world.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

I do however, like cold guinness (+ warm, for that matter).

britspin
09-20-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? Most Americans drink pretty much all our beer cold all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Diageo website..

Guinness Draught Extra Cold
Guinness Draught - but served at about one-third cooler than regular Guinness. A refreshing pint, perfect as a summer thirst quencher. Guinness Draught Extra Cold actually comes from the same barrel as Guinness Draught but goes through a super cooler on the way to the glass
Category: Beer
Top markets: GB, Ireland
Launched: 1998

No idea if you have it in the US, but I like it in summer.

ChipWrecked
09-20-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I completely agree that the majority of beer drunk here is crappy piss-water.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but we eat much better food. <font color="white">Oh that was a wee bit offsides wasn't it? I bet he'll go cry himself to sleep on his huge pilla</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Glad I quoted this so I could see the aside.

Anyway, yes. I don't eat organs. Or blood. Their chocolate is better than ours though.

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Guinness Draught - but served at about one-third cooler than regular Guinness. A refreshing pint, perfect as a summer thirst quencher. Guinness Draught Extra Cold actually comes from the same barrel as Guinness Draught but goes through a super cooler on the way to the glass

[/ QUOTE ]

So is this actually a different beer? What's different about it?

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said "the majority" meaning Bud, Miller &amp; Coors. However, I'd argue that good American beers are as good as any other.

britspin
09-20-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Glad I quoted this so I could see the aside.

Anyway, yes. I don't eat organs. Or blood. Their chocolate is better than ours though.

[/ QUOTE ]

oooh.. Now you're making me think of Black Pudding but I've already had breakfast. Sigh. Have to wait till tomorrow morning to fry me some blood!

diebitter
09-20-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but we gorge much more swill. <font color="white">It's pillow not pilla.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

jakethebake
09-20-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
True, but we gorge much more swill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought yesterday was talk like a pirate day? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

diebitter
09-20-2005, 09:46 AM
No that's English. I'm sorry I've made assumptions about the size of the average American vocabulary - I thought as long as it was monosyllabic, I'd be okay.

ChipWrecked
09-20-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No that's English. I'm sorry I've made assumptions about the size of the average American vocabulary - I thought as long as it was monosyllabic, I'd be okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrrr.

britspin
09-20-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I can tell, nothing except that it's served very chilled.

TheTROLL
09-20-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bizarre. What do they imagine "one-third cooler" means?

diebitter
09-20-2005, 11:04 AM
I'd guess 1/3 of the way between room temperature and 0 degrees centigrade, but it's a ridiculous statement whatever way you cut it.

Shajen
09-20-2005, 11:12 AM
pilla

diebitter
09-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Let's call the whole thing off.

Shajen
09-20-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's call the whole thing off.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough.

Drink a Guinness for me ole bean. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

diebitter
09-20-2005, 11:43 AM
I'll raise it to you, bud! <font color="white"> The Guinness that is! </font>

09-20-2005, 12:20 PM
The first time I had a Guinness was a bodega bought can, which I drank from a paper bag walking the streets of the East Village around 4am, just before I puked my guts out after a night of drinking on my 21st birthday. Good times!

Ulysses
09-20-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]