PDA

View Full Version : QKo

09-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Ok, situation. I have QKo in early to mid position.
I call and so does a lot of people. Flop comes 9Q9. Late position player bets everone folds except me. I call. My hand does not improve but i call it down. I win. However I feel maybe this could be a leak in my game pulling this kinda crap. How would you guys have handled it?

tdarko
09-19-2005, 07:36 PM
not even close to enough information. not even close to a strategy forum.

jman220
09-19-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, situation. I have QKo in early to mid position.
I call and so does a lot of people. Flop comes 9Q9. Late position player bets everone folds except me. I call. My hand does not improve but i call it down. I win. However I feel maybe this could be a leak in my game pulling this kinda crap. How would you guys have handled it?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Wrong Forum
2. What Limit
3. How many players
4. Late position player bets? Does this mean you open-checked?
5. Were you sitting to the left of LP? Otherwise, how could everyone fold except you.
6. More info needed, but Raising is better then calling.

Edit: We also need to know what the turn and river were, and what the suits of all the cards were.

LImitPlayer
09-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Raise pf bet the flop

tdarko
09-20-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Wrong Forum
2. What Limit
3. How many players
4. Late position player bets? Does this mean you open-checked?
5. Were you sitting to the left of LP? Otherwise, how could everyone fold except you.
6. More info needed, but Raising is better then calling.

Edit: We also need to know what the turn and river were, and what the suits of all the cards were.

[/ QUOTE ]
so basically what i said huh?

onegymrat
09-20-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Late position player bets everone folds except me. I call. My hand does not improve but i call it down. I win. However I feel maybe this could be a leak in my game pulling this kinda crap. How would you guys have handled it?

[/ QUOTE ]I think what you're basically stating is that you often find yourself in top pair situations in multi-player pots along with a paired board, but instead of finding different ways to operate (whereby maximizing the profits when you're ahead or minimizing the losses when you're behind), you simply fall back to call down mode and hope for the best. Am I close?

Is this is so, understand that there are so many other factors to weigh in when faced with the same situation and same cards. Without knowing more details, quoting the other responses already, it is not possible to give one clear answer. What you ARE realizing is that simply calling down is not always the best play, although it MAY be the best on occasion. What you may need to do is to list specific details when you post a hand (type of players you're against, betting action and history, your experience, online or live, etc) and analyze each hand with a new view each time. Upon getting different opinions, including your own, you will find future decisions much easier to make when you come across this type of hand again. Good luck.