PDA

View Full Version : Q8s in SB 1/2 6 max play along

benkath1
09-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Crypto $1/$2 6 max

BB and button are 20% VPIP's, BB raises more than button, but both are fairly weak tight.

Hero: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop: UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, button calls, Hero????

aK13
09-19-2005, 07:12 PM
7:1 easy complete at 1/2 structure. Now get to the interesting stuff.

bozlax
09-19-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
7:1 easy complete at 1/2 structure. Now get to the interesting stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

benkath1
09-19-2005, 07:29 PM
OK OK, didn't think raising would be correct.

Crypto $1/$2 6 max

BB and button are 20% VPIP's, BB raises more than button, but both are fairly weak tight.

Preflop: UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, button calls, <font color="red"> Hero completes </font>, BB checks.

Flop:(4SB) Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero ????

homebrewer
09-19-2005, 07:44 PM
check raises

TheHammer24
09-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Bets, theres no way to know if someone is going to bet htis and you don't want to give someone a free card to pick up a four flush or a K or A.

AngelicPenguin
09-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Bets, 4 handed top pair should be good enough. I wouldn't C/R b/c I don't even know if someone will bet since the pot wasn't raised preflop.

benkath1
09-19-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check raises

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

benkath1
09-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Crypto $1/$2 6 max

Preflop: UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, button calls, <font color="red"> Hero completes </font>, BB checks.

Flop:(4SB) Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

<font color="red"> Hero bets </font> BB Calls,1 fold and button calls.

I bet to avoid giving free cards and having top pair I felt MHIG. My kicker worries me, but with no PFR I felt semi safe.

Turn: (3.5 BB) 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero???

aK13
09-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Bet the turn.

I'm also betting any river card, and whether or not I call or fold to a raise depends on the card (for example, I'm probably bet/folding an A/images/graemlins/club.gif )

@bsolute_luck
09-19-2005, 09:10 PM
WOO frickin' HOO to no free cards to flush draws!! (where's that blasted wookie and his pirate mumbo jumbo?)

TheHammer24
09-19-2005, 09:32 PM
BET the turn too. Bet/Fold K and A on the river, and probably a club unless the opponent that raised with the club is pretty aggro and capable of raising as a bluff. If there are one or two of them around checking and calling no more than 1 bet is probably my line.

benkath1
09-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Crypto $1/$2 6 max

I bet to avoid giving free cards and having top pair I felt MHIG. My kicker worries me, but with no PFR I felt semi safe.

<font color="red">Hero bets </font>, BB calls, button calls.

Now I'm assuming I'm good till proven otherwise.

River: (6.5 BB) 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero???

Redd
09-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Value-bet el rio baby.

benkath1
09-19-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Value-bet el rio baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrggh...and call a blasted raise from ye blarney villian?

numeri
09-19-2005, 10:31 PM
[posting blind, and coming in late]

I'm not confident enough in my post-flop skills yet to raise this. Especially with a 20% VP$IP limping in.

numeri
09-19-2005, 10:33 PM
[blind reply to flop]

Easy bet.

numeri
09-19-2005, 10:34 PM
[blind reply to turn]

OK, I'm flooding the thread, but it's more fun to do it this way and then see how I did.

Turn is an easy bet, yes?

numeri
09-19-2005, 10:35 PM
[one last blind reply]

OK, I don't get it. These should all be easy decisions. My guess is the next post is going to be you getting raised and then asking what to do.

EDIT: Hah - I was right! Who raised the river?

Redd
09-19-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Value-bet el rio baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrggh...and call a blasted raise from ye blarney villian?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye matey. Probably. Let's see the action.

benkath1
09-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Crypto $1/$2 6 max

<font color="red">Hero bets </font>, BB calls, button calls.

Now I'm assuming I'm good till proven otherwise.

River: (6.5 BB) 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, BB folds, <font color="red"> button raises </font>Hero...

Redd
09-19-2005, 10:56 PM
Pending a very solid read that button wouldn't bluff-raise a scare card, I'm paying it off. And since a weak-tight opponent wouldn't call down with bottom pair in a small pot, I don't think our read can be that solid.

Rev. Good Will
09-19-2005, 10:58 PM
the 4 helped you out more than not. I don't see a weak-tight villian limping anything with a 4. only likely hand that beats you right now is KQo/QJs, maybe KQs/AQo pending on passiveness. Either that, or at worst a horrible slowplay.

definitely call though

benkath1
09-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I paid him off. He showed me K /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. After I saw that I wondered how bad my river play was. I think the value bet was in order, but didn't know how others felt about my weak kicker. Sometimes they just wont raise and I have no idea what they are sitting on.

MrWookie47
09-20-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
WOO frickin' HOO to no free cards to flush draws!! (where's that blasted wookie and his pirate mumbo jumbo?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, talk like a pirate day is now over in my time zone, so the pirate mumbo jumbo will have to wait til next year. The flop is the most interesting decision in this hand, I think, and it's a bet. In a full ring game, this is more likely to be a check, and either raising or calling depending on the action. The reason for this is that there are more likely to be more people to the flop, making the pot larger and protection more important. In this case, the pot is quite small. Simply betting out offers 5:1, which protects against just about anything you can ever hope to protect against.

As for the river, the decision to call or fold is close. You now tie with a couple Q's that were beating you, but you lose to 4x. It's pretty hard to put him on a 4 given his tightness, so paying off is pretty reasonable. I'd have expected a set or QJ to raise you on the turn, typically, if not the flop. I think you'll snap off a bluff about the requisite 10% of the time here.

homebrewer
09-20-2005, 01:58 PM
I think your value bet is fine. Villian's busted flush draw was lucky enough to draw out on you. What can you do?

DCWildcat
09-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Every street was perfect

I really like the way this post was done. Do more!