PDA

View Full Version : Maniac of the Party--take the lampshade off your head!!

Tyler Durden
05-07-2003, 02:08 PM
2-4 game on Empire/Party.

A guy limps in EP, I raise in MP with J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif, folded to the SB who 3-bets. EP now folds, I call. Heads up.

Flop is J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif.
He bets, I raise, he calls.

Turn is J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif (A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif).
He checks, I bet, he calls.

River is J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif (6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif).

Now he bets out. I raise. He 3-bets. I call.

He has 98o for the rivered nuts.

Bob T.
05-07-2003, 02:30 PM
I would have lost one more bet on the river. Ouch.

lefty rosen
05-07-2003, 02:38 PM
I suspect the stakes were 50/1 at party, its to be expected, that is degenerateville. Make a note on the player and follow him around and you will make money off of this chump.

Homer
05-07-2003, 02:39 PM
This could very well be AA.

From your opponent's perspective:

Preflop - I have AA, I raise

Flop - He raised me, think I'll checkraise the turn

Turn - Hmmm, I turned the nuts, think I'll wait until the river to pop him.

River - Oh crap, I don't want this to get checked through. I think I'll wuss out and bet it myself rather than going for the checkraise.

That being said, since the guy is a maniac (based on the title of the post) I'll guess he has 34, 48, or 89.

I would have called the three-bet just as you did.

-- Homer

Inthacup
05-07-2003, 02:48 PM
I'd cap the river against a maniac. Your flop raise said "hey, I don't have top set". He may have AA, but if he's a loose chip tossing maniac, I'd cap every time. I'm actually surprised he didn't have 66.

Nottom
05-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Aside from the retarded pre-flop activities, your opponent played fine. He went for the semi-bluff with the double-gut shot and when that didn't work, he called you down with odds to do so.

Still a tough beat though.

Tyler Durden
05-07-2003, 03:02 PM
It was 2-4, but yea I'll follow him around.

lefty rosen
05-07-2003, 04:51 PM
Maybe I missed something here but 9/8 off is a weak call at best one on one he calls for the gut and doesnt catch if he doesn't bluff on the ace, he has to get out, anyway that's typical play of an online dumper. Party has alot of these losers past 5pm at the 2/4 level.

J.R.
05-07-2003, 05:00 PM
While the hand was played poorly pre-flop, as has already been pointed out the 98o has a double belly buster and is getting 12-1 to call to an 8 out draw on the turn, so the turn is a pretty clear call, even if you discount to 6 outs given the two diamonds on the board.

lefty rosen
05-07-2003, 09:43 PM
yeah I missed the double gut, those are good checkraises, but he went one on one? had about a 1/3 shot to the river....... anyway he has to be tilted to even contemplate the pre-flop play......