PDA

View Full Version : Partial Reads

DavidC
09-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Hey guys.

I have a read on a villain in a HU match. I've seen how he plays little aces, and I've seen how he plays small pocket pairs.

Could I assume that he plays big aces in the same manner that he plays his small pairs, pf, if he plays the small PPs very aggressively?

--Dave.

aces_dad
09-19-2005, 06:25 PM
You know what they say about assuming ...

While it may be rational to think he'd play all classes of above average hands the same way, until you see him play big A's, you really can't say you have a read on his play of big A's. Villian could either slowplay big A's to hide their strength or play them aggressively to mask weaker holdings he plays the same way. I'd caution against extrapolating his big A play from small PP / small A play, or if you must make assumptions, be flexible and note his big A play accordingly.

TheHammer24
09-19-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys.

I have a read on a villain in a HU match. I've seen how he plays little aces, and I've seen how he plays small pocket pairs.

Could I assume that he plays big aces in the same manner that he plays his small pairs, pf, if he plays the small PPs very aggressively?

--Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Not at all.