PDA

View Full Version : TT in EP level 1

CobraGoat
09-19-2005, 05:43 PM
10+1 sngs on FT.

hows everyone playing 10s in EP at level 1 of STT?

i was UTG+1, first hand, blinds 13/30 on Fulltilt.

i raised to 90. SB called. all heart flop with a J high.

He bets pot i fold. blah.

Hand 2.

JJ in SB, level 1, blinds 13/30. all fold to hijack who raises to 110. i reraise to 280. BB calls, hijack moves all in. im sandwiched and fold. thoughts?

stanzee
09-19-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10+1 sngs on FT.

hows everyone playing 10s in EP at level 1 of STT?

i was UTG+1, first hand, blinds 13/30 on Fulltilt.

i raised to 90. SB called. all heart flop with a J high.

He bets pot i fold. blah.

Hand 2.

JJ in SB, level 1, blinds 13/30. all fold to hijack who raises to 110. i reraise to 280. BB calls, hijack moves all in. im sandwiched and fold. thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late to fold, cross your fingers and call. Nothing wrong with your play up till then. It would take a monster for BB to make it a "manage-a-trois"

CobraGoat
09-19-2005, 06:18 PM
too late too fold? i have about 1200 out of 1500 starting at that point. and its level 1.

from your other posts, im guessing you're attempting to troll.

stanzee
09-19-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
too late too fold? i have about 1200 out of 1500 starting at that point. and its level 1.

from your other posts, im guessing you're attempting to troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, wasn't paying attention.. Assumed it was 800 starting chips. If the BB had a monster he probably would have come over the top. You seem to already have a read on the guy who has pushed so call.

CobraGoat
09-19-2005, 06:40 PM
i had no read on the all in. i agree with your thought that BB was probably weak (which he was, with 88) but i still feel weak calling the push in general, let alone with someone to act after me, when im holding JJ.

anyways, i folded and finished ITM.

Taraz
09-19-2005, 06:48 PM
I limp TT and JJ in early position in level 1 and play them mostly for set/overpair value. I think there was a pretty big debate over JJ, but I'm pretty sure it's agreed that TT is a limp.

the_joker
09-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Hand 1 I'd just limp and try to hit a set. Or if the table is very aggressive, just fold.

Hand 2 would be dependent on my read on the opponent. I'd only reraise a very loose opponent and probably fold against a super tight opponent. I'd certainly fold after the all-in.

CobraGoat
09-19-2005, 06:55 PM
ahhh, this is interesting.

limping TT and maybe JJ is for what levels of the game? 1-4?

the TT, whatever, but the JJ in SB was a very tough decision for me to decide what to do. it was the second hand of the game and my only read was that the hijack had called a 4xBB raise on the first hand and folded on a two face card flop. whatever that means. not sure why i would go for the reraise from that position at that point of tourney now that i think about it.

thanks for the thoughts

kyro
09-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Hey CG,

TT and JJ can be two of the hardest hands to play in SNGs. I wouldn't lose much sleep over it though.

Hand 1: You played it fine. At the 11s, I would often limp because you'll often get too many callers for TT to win unimproved. Limp along and play for set value the majority of the time. I raise it at the $55s, but that's because I can usually expect only one or two callers. Still, the way you played it was fine.

Hand 2:

Once again, I don't think you did anything wrong here. I might raise a bit more, to like 350 or so, especially with deeper stacks. Folding to the push is mandatory here. Another line you could try is just calling from the SB and see what happens.

stanzee
09-19-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Folding to the push is mandatory here. Another line you could try is just calling from the SB and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: I know this is only the second hand but if i strongly suspect someone has bluffed me off the first hand, then i'm taking them to the wire with JJ on the second hand. Think you have to trust your instincts and your one and only read here and play it. I'm not worried about the BB, as if he had a better hand then JJ i think he would have already raised rather then called.

With the likely dead money in the pot from the BB if you call the all in, plus up against a suspected maniac who i wouldn't be surprised to see him turn over only one over card or a smaller pocket pair, added to the fact you've already invested a moderate amount into the pot there is no way folding is mandatory. If i get my read wrong and bust out? well, on to the next tourney.

Back to hand one... I prefer to raise with TT as more often then not it is the best hand. I think you played this fine. There are a lot of idiots on the 11s, but still think you're right to try and thin the field with TT, but just play it carefully after the flop.

RikaKazak
09-20-2005, 05:09 AM
NO WAY, easy fold EASY, BB could have KK, and not want an obvious 3rd raise in there, FOLD MAN FOLD, you have plenty of chips to continue playing and are most likely to be vs. bigger pp if you call, FOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as TT I limp in, raising is ok, the hand you posted, if I raise I make it 3.5 or 4 times bb (no biggie either way) and I play it like you did, fold to flop bet.

ReDeYES88
09-20-2005, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it was the second hand of the game and my only read was that the hijack had called a 4xBB raise on the first hand and folded on a two face card flop. whatever that means.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably means he had TT or JJ /images/graemlins/grin.gif