PDA

View Full Version : AJs, Flopped big, now what?

Azhrarn
09-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Decent table, normal aggression, on the loose side. UTG+1 is loose-passive. No reads on the others.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.66 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Intending to call a checkraise. Thoughts?

eviljeff
09-19-2005, 06:02 PM
dude, bet the turn. you're likely ahead, and if not you have outs against anything. if you're c/r here then you can slow down. if the river is a blank I might check behind against a passive player.

09-19-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dude, bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheHammer24
09-19-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm betting the turn. If you get check raised oh well. Did BB call with KK, AA, or AK? At worst your against AQ. At best your up against AT and he'll call down. If you get c/r'ed you have 12 outs to the likley bets hand. I think you're missing value.

newhizzle
09-19-2005, 06:55 PM
you need to bet/call the turn and bet the river or if raised on turn call down from there

and if this guys really passive, i dont know if i like capping the flop, but the way it played out, def bet the turn

nfscreech
09-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Bet/call turn.
Check behind on the river UI. Call if bet into.

Argus
09-19-2005, 07:53 PM
I really like the turn check, and think this hand was played well. The players who are advocating a turn bet are forgetting the aphorism, "Check with outs, bet without". There are plenty of hands in BB's range that are ahead of you and he has certainly represented that he is ahead of you so far. He could have a set, two pair, even AQ to be ahead of you. Though you could be ahead of a worse ace or possibly king (or even smaller diamonds that have a gutshot if BB is aggressive), checking the turn is still the best move based on villain's range.

If you are ahead of him though he has 5 or less outs, almost always less. So giving a free card on turn costs you very little when you are ahead, and can gain you a lot when behind. It may also induce a "value bet" from lesser hands on the river, though it didn't in this instance. Once villain checks both big bet streets a bet in mandatory, and the pot size dictates a crying call if check/raised.

silkyslim
09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really like the turn check, and think this hand was played well. The players who are advocating a turn bet are forgetting the aphorism, "Check with outs, bet without". There are plenty of hands in BB's range that are ahead of you and he has certainly represented that he is ahead of you so far. He could have a set, two pair, even AQ to be ahead of you. Though you could be ahead of a worse ace or possibly king (or even smaller diamonds that have a gutshot if BB is aggressive), checking the turn is still the best move based on villain's range.

If you are ahead of him though he has 5 or less outs, almost always less. So giving a free card on turn costs you very little when you are ahead, and can gain you a lot when behind. It may also induce a "value bet" from lesser hands on the river, though it didn't in this instance. Once villain checks both big bet streets a bet in mandatory, and the pot size dictates a crying call if check/raised.

[/ QUOTE ]
vnh. i agree

newhizzle
09-19-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and if this guys really passive, i dont know if i like capping the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

nevermind didnt see the flush draw