PDA

View Full Version : Hatred against my opponents

stanzee
09-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Not sure how many of you ever play heads up, but i get this sense of real hate against my fellow opponent. Anyone else get this?

I do get this on SNGs as well, but not quite to the same extent. It never affects my game, as i stay focused at all times and never tilt any more. I'm never relaxed though when i play no matter what the buyin.. all i want is to WIN!

I'm starting to think this mentality of always being right on the edge, without ever losing my mind could get me to the VERY top!

You guys we'll probably read this and think i'm nuts, and probably think i must always lose my temper and tilt when i get a bad beat but that never happens. My mind is trained to stay at a constant... on the edge! Any bad beats are just part and parcel of the game.

I think i am the "special one"

If YOU can take my mentality into your next set of games, it could give YOU that little extra edge you've been craving.

09-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Hahaha - this stuff is priceless! C'mon guys - he's like "The Onion" of the forum. Hilarious.

09-19-2005, 05:18 PM
If luck weren't involved, he'd win everytime.

microbet
09-19-2005, 05:19 PM
HATRED, n.
A sentiment appropriate to the occasion of another's superiority.

ilya
09-19-2005, 05:21 PM
You know what, you're right. What we need is MORE HATRED!!!

The Yugoslavian
09-19-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I hate you Ilya.

Like when we were in Vegas, I was thiiiis close to smashing one of my heinekens over your head and then beating you to a bloody pulp with the scrippa pole. Then I was going to defecate on your dead corpse while rubbing your dead face in it. After that I was gonna hit up xPuns1her on the celly cell and get him to come over and finish the job proper (which, judging from his pms to me would involve jizzing all over your corpse while hacking you into bits with an axe).

Yugoslav
<font color="white">A similar fate almost befell Unarmed at The Rhino. Except I was gonna take a chainsaw and hack up most of the scrippaz while I was at it.</font>

stanzee
09-19-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HATRED, n.
A sentiment appropriate to the occasion of another's superiority.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could hate someone who is superior to yourself. In my case, i hate my opponents as they're trying to take money from me. This keep me on the edge, it means i can never relax and makes me a winner!

stanzee
09-19-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hahaha - this stuff is priceless! C'mon guys - he's like "The Onion" of the forum. Hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who make comments such as yours really are worthless to this forum. Open your mind. I don't mind criticism, and i sometimes purposely crave it, but please backup your posts with reason.

09-19-2005, 05:36 PM
you are a tool

ilya
09-19-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I hate you Ilya.

Like when we were in Vegas, I was thiiiis close to smashing one of my heinekens over your head and then beating you to a bloody pulp with the scrippa pole. Then I was going to defecate on your dead corpse while rubbing your dead face in it. After that I was gonna hit up xPuns1her on the celly cell and get him to come over and finish the job proper (which, judging from his pms to me would involve jizzing all over your corpse while hacking you into bits with an axe).

Yugoslav
<font color="white">A similar fate almost befell Unarmed at The Rhino. Except I was gonna take a chainsaw and hack up most of the scrippaz while I was at it.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah dude!!! I think this kind of attitude is gonna take us to the VERY TOP!!!!

Newt_Buggs
09-19-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm starting to think this mentality of always being right on the edge, without ever losing my mind could get me to the VERY top!

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored], he let out my secret! This alone is what carried me to the VERY top.

What's been going on with this forum lately? I must say that there have been some awesome posts.

jeffraider
09-19-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I hate you Ilya.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be super awkward to get busted jacking off onto a corpse. I mean, what do you say?

ilya
09-19-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I hate you Ilya.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be super awkward to get busted jacking off onto a corpse. I mean, what do you say?

[/ QUOTE ]

Officer, this isn't what it looks like! I love that man to death!

stanzee
09-19-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored], he let out my secret! This alone is what carried me to the VERY top.

What's been going on with this forum lately? I must say that there have been some awesome posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not get carried away. I didn't mean this alone will get you to the top, but if you do get to the top you will need a lot of skills, and one of them is to be mentally sound.

If you read a little further into my opening post (some of you are incapable of doing).. Player A and Player B are equally skilled (and the best players on the table) in all areas except mentally. Player A is on "the edge" at all times, player B is just drifting through thinking he is the best. Player A (me) is looking around picking up reads and patterns and always thinking of ways to counter. Player B is doing the same, but as he already thinks he is the best player on the table, is too mentally relaxed and will miss a small tell, read or what have you. Player A (me) wins long term.

ilya
09-19-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not get carried away. I didn't mean this alone will get you to the top, but if you do get to the top you will need a lot of skills, and one of them is to be mentally sound.

If you read a little further into my opening post (some of you are incapable of doing).. Player A and Player B are equally skilled (and the best players on the table) in all areas except mentally. Player A is on "the edge" at all times, player B is just drifting through thinking he is the best. Player A (me) is looking around picking up reads and patterns and always thinking of ways to counter. Player B is doing the same, but as he already thinks he is the best player on the table, is too mentally relaxed and will miss a small tell, read or what have you. Player A (me) wins long term.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your points, while not quite revolutionary, are reasonable. Unfortunately, they are expressed in a manner which invites a certain quantity of ridicule. In scientific circles, this quantity is known as "a lot."

Irieguy
09-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Is this a joke?

If not it's even funnier.

Stanzee has officially taken over TOW's spot at the top of my favorite poster list.

Irieguy

stanzee
09-19-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your points, while not quite revolutionary, are reasonable. Unfortunately, they are expressed in a manner which invites a certain quantity of ridicule. This quantity is commonly known as "a lot."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one reason why i don't think i'll ever make friends with anyone on the poker circuit. I'm happy for me to hate you and you to be indifferent about me on the poker table, as then i'll have no qualms about taking your money off you.

illegit
09-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Coke heads often strike me as 'on edge'. I bet they'd make good poker players.

jeffraider
09-19-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Coke heads often strike me as 'on edge'. I bet they'd make good poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

CAN YOU SPOT ME 10BB? PLEASE! PLEASE! I NEED 10BB TO PLAY 2/4 PLEASE! I'LL SUCK YO DICK!

microbet
09-19-2005, 06:10 PM
What about him? (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2213638&amp;page=533&amp;view=col lapsed&amp;sb=3&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1#2213638) ?

Ancient history I guess, or maybe he's still around in another form.

I've got to put some energy into my gimmick account and try and make your list.

stanzee
09-19-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a joke?

If not it's even funnier.

Stanzee has officially taken over TOW's spot at the top of my favorite poster list.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, i really don't know why i bother writing insightful posts. Seems to be a real lack of respect on this site. I really tried to help you guys out (for once), but it's fine if you don't listen. I'm happy to take your money off you on the table.

Irieguy
09-19-2005, 06:19 PM
He's still around, but posting under his original name. Got tired of the gimmick, I guess.

Stanzee won't be around for much longer than any other joke identities.

Irieguy

mosdef
09-19-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is one reason why i don't think i'll ever make friends with anyone on the poker circuit. I'm happy for me to hate you and you to be indifferent about me on the poker table, as then i'll have no qualms about taking your money off you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will bet you money, really, that you can't beat irieguy heads up no matter how much you hate him. nobody hates anyone more than i hate john hurst, but he beat me. i just don't have much faith in your system.

Jman28
09-19-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Not sure how many of you ever play heads up, but i get this sense of real hate against my fellow opponent. Anyone else get this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if I play against you.

ilya
09-19-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TOW

[/ QUOTE ]

who's that again?

mosdef
09-19-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TOW

[/ QUOTE ]

who's that again?

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe that is the incomparable treeofwisdom. that guy was lots of fun.

09-19-2005, 06:32 PM
[quote

nobody hates anyone more than i hate john hurst

[/ QUOTE ]

whaaaa????

mosdef
09-19-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whaaaa????

[/ QUOTE ]

which part don't you get?

mosdef
09-19-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what about that guy at the Mirage in the wheelchair? Did you hate him?

Jman28
09-19-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah. Him too. I hate disabled people. And anyone less fortunate than me. And white people.

ilya
09-19-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TOW

[/ QUOTE ]

who's that again?

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe that is the incomparable treeofwisdom. that guy was lots of fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, oh yeah. thanks.

SlackerMcFly
09-19-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah. Him too. I hate disabled people. And anyone less fortunate than me. And white people.

[/ QUOTE ]
This and your inability to recognize the possibility of a mis-click could be a serious leak in your game /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HaterMcWhiteDisabledUnfortunato

09-19-2005, 07:59 PM
I don't really care about the opponent as long as the opponent loves me. Be nice to your opponents and they will fold to your raises all day long.

stanzee
09-19-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really care about the opponent as long as the opponent loves me. Be nice to your opponents and they will fold to your raises all day long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so sure this is true... I think players tend to be really scared of busting to the player they dislike or the player that has been berating them, so they don't tend to call the all-ins as much with marginal hands.

The Yugoslavian
09-19-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah?! Well I hate gay, balck, female cripples missing all limbs! Top that!

I go around to them and say 'hey baby, you should lock it up Jman style..oh wait, you have no arms, hahahahah bwhahahahahaha, I guess you can't lock up sh!t, sucks to be YOU, bwahahahahahahaha. Ship it!'

Yugoslav

bawcerelli
09-19-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Player A is on "the edge" at all times

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've been watching too many Tony Robbins infomercials there buddy.

09-19-2005, 11:03 PM
ToW had an awesome avatar.

sergsz
09-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Harness the chi, dude, harness the chi.