PDA

View Full Version : ATI Radeon 9250 128MB....Dual Monitor?

oscark
09-19-2005, 03:17 PM
So I am buying a computer and the store is trying to sell me on the ATI Radeon 9250 128MB. I'm not a gamer, but do need for it to be able to handle two CRTs. From what I have read, it looks like I will have to buy a VGA to DVI adapter? With that, should I have any problems? Anyone use this card?

Thanks,

Oscar

TheRegulat0r
09-20-2005, 01:47 AM
They make dual-dvi video cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150086

That one goes for $120, and you wouldn't need adapters. Also, if you ever did want to play games, that card would kick the ATI 9250's ass.

Nomad84
09-22-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

That one goes for $120, and you wouldn't need adapters.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wants to run dual CRT's, so that is not what you need. Dual DVI would be for running 2 LCDs with DVI signals. You could get a dual VGA card, but I don't think there's much point. I believe that most normal DVI+VGA cards include the converter you need, but check to be sure.

Keith Fellmy
09-22-2005, 12:49 PM
I have the Nvidia Verto 5200 with dual VGA ports. I do have LCDs but the card works just fine. Was 150 bucks from Comp USA.

Also if you buy an HP computer, a ATI Radeon card won't work. There is an known issue that makes them incompatible.

Neuge
09-22-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have the Nvidia Verto 5200 with dual VGA ports. I do have LCDs but the card works just fine. Was 150 bucks from Comp USA.

Also if you buy an HP computer, a ATI Radeon card won't work. There is an known issue that makes them incompatible.

[/ QUOTE ]Paying $150 for a 5200? ATI's don't work with HPs? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TheRegulat0r
09-22-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That one goes for $120, and you wouldn't need adapters.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wants to run dual CRT's, so that is not what you need. Dual DVI would be for running 2 LCDs with DVI signals. You could get a dual VGA card, but I don't think there's much point. I believe that most normal DVI+VGA cards include the converter you need, but check to be sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read his original post. He said he would need VGA to DVI adapters if he went with the card he mentioned. This gave me the impression that he was buying a dual VGA card but needed two DVI outputs.

Sorry if I misunderstood.