PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy last night

kyro
09-19-2005, 02:44 PM
First episode of the new season last week was very meh. I give last night's episode a solid A- however. Agree/Disagree?

private joker
09-19-2005, 02:52 PM
I agree, it was a vast improvement. Maybe B+ for me. Not enough Stewie, and the Cast Away satire was pretty toothless.

But I loved the Gilmore Girls sequence and Quagmire's horrible results in the "I Never" drinking game.

kyro
09-19-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, it was a vast improvement. Maybe B+ for me. Not enough Stewie, and the Cast Away satire was pretty toothless.

But I loved the Gilmore Girls sequence and Quagmire's horrible results in the "I Never" drinking game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on just about everything you said. I don't mind Stewie not getting loads of screen time though. You can have too much of a good thing.

private joker
09-19-2005, 03:00 PM
I just remembered the best line: from the Superfriends announcer, "Meanwhile, under Meg Griffin's bra..."

Also, the episode had plenty of Adam West, and Adam West is a God.

tomdemaine
09-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Am I too childish or was outfarting micheal moore the funniest thing ever? I had to pause the show while i laughed for about 5 mins.

Wes ManTooth
09-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Agree, very solid

imported_CaseClosed326
09-19-2005, 03:43 PM
I had the opposite reaction. I really liked the first episode. This one was good, but I liked the previous weeks more.

Also, the Simpsons was bad again. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

HopeydaFish
09-19-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had the opposite reaction. I really liked the first episode. This one was good, but I liked the previous weeks more.

Also, the Simpsons was bad again. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought yesterday's Family Guy was sub-par. It had some very funny lines, but overall it was meh.

For some reason I found the fact that Lois had married Brian to be a bit a little too stupid. It would have been funnier had she married Adam West, or well...anyhuman, rather than an animal. It *was* funny when Peter drew attention to the fact that she married a dog, though...it was like the writers were pointing out that it they were quite aware that it was absurd that she'd married a dog.

The Simpsons was funnier this week than last week. It's still garbage compared to what it used to be, though.

TheIrishThug
09-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Joe: Peter! You've been eating my legs!!
Peter: See, this is why I didn't mention it. I knew I'd have to deal with this.

the lois brian thing was a little forced, like the "one more day and i would have [censored] ur brains out" line. but the thing with the ball was pretty good.

sidenote: for all thoses that gave up on american dad after 2 episodes, u r issing out.

ClassicBob
09-19-2005, 04:40 PM
Look at the bells/
Look at the bells/
Holy Crap here comes Jesus/
And he doesn't look too happy

KingDan
09-19-2005, 04:51 PM
When Brian and Lois are breaking up what did Stewie say from the stairway? I remember laughing at the line but I cannot remember it now.

HopeydaFish
09-19-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Joe: Peter! You've been eating my legs!!
Peter: See, this is why I didn't mention it. I knew I'd have to deal with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...yeah, I nearly died laughing at that. It was Peter's blase attitude when Joe was freaking out that did it for me..."Let's just agree to disagree". /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

the lois brian thing was a little forced, like the "one more day and i would have [censored] ur brains out" line. but the thing with the ball was pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the ball was funny. However, the idea of Lois wanting to have sex with a dog was a little much. It wasn't funny...it was just weird.

[ QUOTE ]

sidenote: for all thoses that gave up on american dad after 2 episodes, u r issing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I thought the first few episodes of the series were really dumb. However, the first two episodes this year have been pretty funny. The characters have been toned down a lot -- they're not the loony charactitures that they were when the series first started.

American Dad is nowhere near the Family Guy's quality, but it's much better than the Simpsons.

2+2 wannabe
09-19-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When Brian and Lois are breaking up what did Stewie say from the stairway? I remember laughing at the line but I cannot remember it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

something like, "bitch you got jacked, bitch"

Sephus
09-19-2005, 05:50 PM
i thought the first 7 minutes of the episode were fantastic. it was hit or miss after that though.

Go_Blue88
09-19-2005, 06:12 PM
You're way off on this one. The first episode was great, and last night's was awful. There were a few funny parts, but overall I was very disappointed.