PDA

View Full Version : Allman Brothers at Red Rocks - 9/18

michiganlaw
09-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Holy smokes! Was that an unbelievable Allman Brothers show last night at Red Rocks in Colorado. Warren Haynes was back in action like never before!!!!!!!

WOWZA!!!!!!!

Any other 2+2ers make it to the show?

Slow Play Ray
09-19-2005, 02:35 PM
no, you lucky freakin bastard.

what was the setlist?

asofel
09-19-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no, you lucky freakin bastard.

did you catch moe?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey man,

forgot about that. i saw moe and the allmans back in august with my youngest brother. i wish i could have been closer. he had never seen them before and was impressed, especially with the guitar work...unfortunately they haven't put the instant live version of the night up (they played jessica!)...the following nights show was awesome as well...

michiganlaw
09-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Setlist from memory is as follows (not in this order, except for opener and closer)

Opener: Jessica
into a kick ass version of Rocking Horse;
Statesboro Blues;
Southbound;
Midnight Rider;
One Way Out;

and of course they closed with
WHIPPING POST!

Forget a few others in between, but they didn't take a setbreak...just two plus hours of straight jammin'

asofel
09-19-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Setlist from memory is as follows (not in this order, except for opener and closer)

Opener: Jessica
into a kick ass version of Rocking Horse;
Statesboro Blues;
Southbound;
Midnight Rider;
One Way Out;

and of course they closed with
WHIPPING POST!

Forget a few others in between, but they didn't take a setbreak...just two plus hours of straight jammin'

[/ QUOTE ]

very nice. i'm trying to find a live set of them with why does love got to be so sad into franklin's, but instant live has most of the recordings as "coming soon"...