PDA

View Full Version : Niger Food

09-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Anybody else out there like african cuisine?

xadrez
09-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Im not an expert but from what Ive tried I like it a lot.

jason_t
09-19-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else out there like african cuisine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ethiopian food is amazing and is a great cuisine for a third or fourth date.

Dominic
09-19-2005, 02:30 PM
I went to an Ethiopian restuarant once.
They brought me an empty plate. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

NoTalent
09-19-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

imported_anacardo
09-19-2005, 02:58 PM
I just can't get with the bread. Veeeery yeasty.

jason_t
09-19-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just can't get with the bread. Veeeery yeasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Injera is yummy.

ononimo
09-19-2005, 03:07 PM
just wondering why you used "Niger" in your title given that, out of all African nations, Niger is not oft cited for its cuisine.

i'm going to hope that you weren't just looking to make an embarrassingly racist play on words.

RunDownHouse
09-19-2005, 03:10 PM
He obviously was, since its "Nigerian," in any case. Pretty fitting user name.

ethan
09-19-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ethiopian food is amazing

[/ QUOTE ]
I like living in a city big enough to have a "Little Ethiopia". So good.

canis582
09-19-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a Rasta church? I see a family of what must be rastas in my small city at the farmers market.

jason_t
09-19-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fairfax Ave. is a gem.

Brainwalter
09-19-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just wondering why you used "Niger" in your title given that, out of all African nations, Niger is not oft cited for its cuisine.

i'm going to hope that you weren't just looking to make an embarrassingly racist play on words.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not even a play on words, he just can't spell N.

AdamL
09-19-2005, 06:49 PM
This thread needs recipes!

Blarg
09-19-2005, 07:21 PM
The Ethopian food I had was overwhelmed by salt. It was only barely edible, forget actually being good. It was a miserable experience.

Sincere
09-19-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you care, dont be so friggin sensitive.

MonkeeMan
09-19-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm not a big fan of recipes from starving nations.

jason_t
09-19-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Ethopian food I had was overwhelmed by salt. It was only barely edible, forget actually being good. It was a miserable experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to bad steakhouses before.

TheMainEvent
09-19-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I thought "Nigerian" meant from Nigeria, not Niger, which is a different nation. I'm not sure what stuff from Niger is called. I'm sure you're right about it being a bad joke though.

jason_t
09-19-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I thought "Nigerian" meant from Nigeria, not Niger, which is a different nation. I'm not sure what stuff from Niger is called. I'm sure you're right about it being a bad joke though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nigerien.

mslif
09-19-2005, 08:20 PM
I have had the privilege to visit several African countries and also to eat at so-called african restaurants in the US. The two have nothing in common.
Some posters have mentioned Ethiopian food, it is good but can be quite spicy (not meaning hot).

Blarg
09-19-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That kind of thing clearly wasn't what I was describing.

jason_t
09-19-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That kind of thing clearly wasn't what I was describing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously then I missed the point of what you were saying and you should have followed up with what you meant.

ethan
09-20-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread needs recipes!

[/ QUOTE ]
Recipe = go to an Ethiopian restaurant and have them cook for you.

This is one of those things you're much better off having someone else cook for you, doing it on your own is going to be way too much work.

Blarg
09-20-2005, 03:54 AM
The food had plenty of salt in it, and salt was spread thickly all around the outside of the plates. So the extremely unpleasant saltiness wasn't just a matter of someone being a bad cook; it was because they bombarded the living hell out of everything with salt to an insane degree. Salt everywhere, rendering the food almost completely inedible. It was a nasty experience.

Perhaps some parts of Ethiopia aren't like that, I don't know. But my experience with Ethopian food was regrettable.

jason_t
09-20-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The food had plenty of salt in it, and salt was spread thickly all around the outside of the plates. So the extremely unpleasant saltiness wasn't just a matter of someone being a bad cook; it was because they bombarded the living hell out of everything with salt to an insane degree. Salt everywhere, rendering the food almost completely inedible. It was a nasty experience.

Perhaps some parts of Ethiopia aren't like that, I don't know. But my experience with Ethopian food was regrettable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had Ethiopian food that fits that description at all, so perhaps you were just at a bad place.

tonypaladino
09-20-2005, 05:00 AM
this thread is worthless without pics,

so here

http://www.sunlightethiorestaurant.com/ethiopian%20food%205.jpg

JihadOnTheRiver
09-20-2005, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i just shat myself

diebitter
09-20-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they make more money from beer sales than food?