PDA

View Full Version : River fold.

PokerMike
09-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Villian is a very solid 24/17/2.2ish player, i haven't seen him get out of line at all yet. UTG+2 is a psycho LAG, don't mind him.

6handed
Preflop UTG folds, I raise A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifA/images/graemlins/club.gif UTG+1, UTG+2 3bets, 1 fold, BB caps and we're off.

Flop (13SB) : K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB Bets, I call, UTG+2 calls.

Turn (10.5BB) : Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB Bets, I raise, UTG+2 folds, BB 3bets, I 4bet, BB calls(no cap btw).

River (18.5BB) : 6/images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, I bet, BB raises, I fold.

I simply cannot envision this player pulling the river c/r anywhere near 1/20 without being able to beat 1 pair. I can't remember the last time i folded for 1 bet on the river in a 20BB pot, so thought i'd post this incase i need to get my head examined.

whodaman
09-19-2005, 02:01 PM
why in the world are you 4 betting the turn?

jba
09-19-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so a tag caps preflop out of position, you wait until the turn to raise (a very strong move), and he 3bets. what does he have at this point? you beat.

kidcolin
09-19-2005, 02:08 PM
He capped preflop, led the flop, 3-bet the turn, and checks the river. Sounds wussy but I would've checked behind. You HAD to know a c/r was coming. Even if it wasn't a c/r attempt, I'd expect to see QQ here, and he feared KK based on your 4-bet.

Based on the turn action, not the c/r on the river, I'd expect AA to be behind here.

PokerMike
09-19-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so a tag caps preflop out of position, you wait until the turn to raise (a very strong move), and he 3bets. what does he have at this point? you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK

jason_t
09-19-2005, 02:09 PM
This is one of the worst played AA hands I've seen in this forum.

The BB semi-cold capped preflop. What did you put him on when he did that? I'm putting him on JJ--AA, AK at best. On the flop you're behind KK. On the turn you're behind QQ.

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is a very solid 24/17/2.2ish player, i haven't seen him get out of line at all yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not giving you that action with JJ; I doubt he's even betting the turn with JJ. And I think AK would slow down too so I'm definitely not 4-betting his 3-bet. This guy has a monster.

On the turn, you're ahead of 6 combos of AK and behind 12 combos of QQ/KK and sharing with one combo of AA.

The best line here is call/call/call and let UTG+2 give you some overlay.

And for the love of every little bit of happiness left in this world, check behind on the river.

You owned yourself.

wackjob
09-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Shoulda been pumping this flop. Folding sucks too.

jason_t
09-19-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shoulda been pumping this flop. Folding sucks too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I don't mind the flop call with the intention of popping the turn, but once the Q falls, I'm changing my line.

jba
09-19-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AK

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't see a "solid" player with AK making it 3 bets on this turn. You at least need to discount this somewhat, and there are already more combos of KK/QQ that have you drawing to two outs.