PDA

View Full Version : Getting PartyPoker Tournament Summaries from a Yahoo mail account

poincaraux
09-19-2005, 01:12 PM
I just bought PokerTracker. I want to look at my SNG stats. All of the summaries live on my Yahoo (non-premium) account. Is there an easy way to get them into PokerTracker?

I've done a bit of searching, but I haven't found anything terribly useful. I can write some dumb screen scraper to automate it for me, but it seems like someone must have done this already .. right?

ebaudry
09-26-2005, 04:09 AM
Man that would be sweet. I hope someone can tell us /images/graemlins/smile.gif

poincaraux
09-26-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man that would be sweet. I hope someone can tell us /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
grumble .. grumble .. ok, i'll write something myself and post it here. if it's easy enough to do, i'll even try to package it up so that windows folks can use it.

IHateKeithSmart
09-26-2005, 01:45 PM
I used to just click 'Save message text' down in the lower right corner. This is a real pain though if you are playing a ton of SNGs. I switched my acct to gmail (much easier, pop-accessible for free).

poincaraux
09-26-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to just click 'Save message text' down in the lower right corner. This is a real pain though if you are playing a ton of SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. [ QUOTE ]
I switched my acct to gmail (much easier, pop-accessible for free).

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool .. I didn't realize that POP access was free. I've just created a poker/spam only gmail account /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Unfortunately, I didn't see any easy way to bulk-forward my tournament summaries to the gmail account, so I'll still write that little script.

IHateKeithSmart
09-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Thanks poin, that will be useful. I still have about 70 summaries in yahoo I'm to lazy to f with. Maybe they'll pull my ROI over 3% tho /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

XxGodJrxX
09-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Google "YPOPS". It lets you use POP3 for your yahoomail accounts, and it is free. You can automate it if you want as well using the little lightning symbol on the top left of PT's interface. This is how I use GT+ on Paradise, and it isn't really too painful.

Barry_G
10-03-2005, 01:09 AM
I downloaded YPOPS but i cant get it to work with PT. What is the name of the yahoo mail server? How do you set it up? I've done it through Outlook Express before.

XxGodJrxX
10-03-2005, 01:34 AM
You still have to use Outlook Express, or whatever e-mail program you want. All this does is grab emails from your yahoomail account and bring them to your email program for you.

The name of the yahoo mail server doesn't matter (just type Yahoo). The IP address is 127.0.0.1.

All you will have to do to get this to work with Paradise is create a new folder in yahoomail and make a filter that puts all your hand histories in there for you. That is how I prefer to do it, since I prefer to have my email on the internet rather than in Outlook.