PDA

View Full Version : Deposit Bonus and it's effect on the games.

HavanaBanana
05-07-2003, 06:36 AM
I just played a little 2-4 at pokerstars, game was tight average pot was under 20, and playing games fullhanded that have less than 5 BB average is really not maximizing my winnings, but anyways, just wanted to play a few hands.

I was talking to the table, asking who was the tight player, and one player told me that he was just there to get the points needed for the deposit bonus.
Which was what I figured, because the last few times they have had this 20% deposit bonus this has happened.
A tight game is harder to beat (atleast in BB an hour, than a looser game)
a Loose game creates the points needed faster, and more important is more FUN!
It also attracts more players.

The Wsop qualifying points at Paradise was a stroke of Lorinda, (oh I mean Genius), it rewarded loose play, it attracted players to hunt the loose players, generating more rake, so every had a reason to smile.

I guess my points to the new players out there is:
Don't play in bad games just to get your deposit points, it is not worth it, wait til you see a good game, and play somewhere else (or obstain! I know Radical Idea) till you find one /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Glenn
05-07-2003, 06:56 AM
Havanna-

These games are very very beatable. The people are only worried about getting there bonus and not playing poker. You just have to make the right adjustments and you can either buy tons of pots or take tons of free cards depending on how much they call. I remember once after one of these deposit things I was at a 2-4 table with 16% preflop/$15 avg pot and I won over $300 in 3 hours. How? I bet. They folded. It was sick. If there were good players, the average pot would be bigger because they would be playing more agressively (ok, so there really aren't many good players at 2/4 but anyways...). You just have to pay attention to their tendencies and see who the folders are. They don't want to put money in the pot, they just want the FPP's for their bonus.

HavanaBanana
05-07-2003, 07:15 AM
Yes I know they are beatable, right now 14$ average 22% , but there are much better games out there.
And admit it, you had some good cards too winning 300 in 3 hours /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Glenn
05-07-2003, 07:39 AM
HAHA yes it goes without saying that I got some good cards, but the reason I remember the session (the money itself wasn't life changing as I usually play bigger and shorthanded) is because I won a great deal of that money without showdowns. I never thought those games would be so beatable.

Bubmack
05-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Dont wait forever...I think you only have 30 days to get your FPPs.

Bubs

RiverMel
05-07-2003, 11:20 AM
Not true. There is no limit on how long you have to earn the FPPs. I just read over the terms, nothing mentioned about that.