PDA

View Full Version : go easy on me

danzasmack
09-19-2005, 11:25 AM
I play 3/6 6max now that I'm back at school and don't feel like continuing on my quest to continue to run goot at 5/10 6max. I played 3/6 all summer and over about 35k hands beat it for about 3.2BB/100

I do not use any type of gametime+ or anything like that. I have 2 monitors, each with 2 tables going at all times. Sometimes I'd throw in a full ring game just to "mix it up". Currently I either play 1 table of full ring (either 400nl or 10/20) while doing HW or playing madden (the worst thing to ever happen to me) or 4 tables of 3/6 when I want to play poker and have at least 2 hours. I keep these guidelines strict because i feel it has a great deal to do with my winrate.

How much am i missing out on by not using this extra software. Does ANYONE else not use it? How do your organize the setup on your screen?

My buddy started using it and complained because it made him think differently. His win rate went down a bit so i just figured if it works don't fix it.

RiverTheNuts
09-19-2005, 11:29 AM
I dont use it, but I assume most do. Personally, I can find out who the donks are within about 2 orbits anyways.

I 4 table 6 max when Im serious and can play for a while, like you. I have a 17" LCD and just survive on a little overlap, though a 2001FP would be great, and would make observing tables easier

RunDownHouse
09-19-2005, 11:52 AM
I didn't use it until maybe a month ago. Then I decided to grab PartyMine and PokerAce and give it a spin.

I really like it, and so far I don't think its detracting from my play too much. Like you said, you can get an ok read on someone after a couple orbits, but for those couple orbits you're generally clueless. I like being able to isolate somone on my third hand at a table because I know that he's an idiot, or raising light, or whatever.

I'm also mining the [censored] out of 5/10 in preparation for the move up. Hopefully good table selection will make the transition a smooth one, and that's another area where you can't really compete without a HUD.

Grisgra
09-19-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also mining the [censored] out of 5/10 in preparation for the move up. Hopefully good table selection will make the transition a smooth one, and that's another area where you can't really compete without a HUD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what a HUD is, but I'm going to disagree with you anyway.

RunDownHouse
09-19-2005, 01:23 PM
I guess I meant table selection as in sitting down at a juicy table, as opposed to leaving tables that you discover suck.

jba
09-19-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what a HUD is, but I'm going to disagree with you anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's nice to sit at a table and immediately see 25/14 24/15 27/20 20/15 stats pop up for the entire table and immediately decide right away to move along. I'm telling you I do this and cycle through about 3-5 tables looking for better ones, so you must be wasting a lot of orbits to find that everyone at the table has a brain.

whodaman
09-19-2005, 02:06 PM
i think your a fool for not using it.
I dont see how it could hurt.
Just remember to take stats with a grain of salt.

Monty Cantsin
09-19-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

it's nice to sit at a table and immediately see 25/14 24/15 27/20 20/15 stats pop up for the entire table and immediately decide right away to move along.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, a large-scale network effect of lots of good players using stat-tracking software is that this type of table becomes less common. So you don't even need to use a stat-tracker to get some benefit from them - they cause the overall system to adjust towards a state that is advantageous to the better players. Don't tell Party.

/mc