PDA

View Full Version : Vegas between Xmas and New Years?

Derek in NYC
09-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Wife and I are thinking of flying to Vegas on Xmas eve, and spending a week there, departing before New Years Eve. What's the town like during this time?

Jeffage
09-19-2005, 11:16 AM
I don't know, but I'll be there. Even if it's slow, it's action baby and I got nowhere else to be.

Jeff

Photoc
09-19-2005, 01:36 PM
The town is absolutely dead. Room rates are the lowest of the year until New Years eve.

jba
09-19-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The town is absolutely dead. Room rates are the lowest of the year until New Years eve.

[/ QUOTE ]

and they just go nuts on new years eve or what? what are the odds of getting bellagio poker rate on new years eve?

i take it this means the poker action is a little dead too?

benfranklin
09-19-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what are the odds of getting bellagio poker rate on new years eve?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner: funniest post of the year /images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S. Out of idle curiosity, I just checked for reservations. The lowest rate for Dec. 31 is $759.

Photoc
09-19-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and they just go nuts on new years eve or what? what are the odds of getting bellagio poker rate on new years eve?

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA

Non existant! That is the single most expensive night of the year and most hotels are sold out weeks in advance. You can find some smaller hotels (Monte Carlo, Boardwalk, Flamingo, Barbary, ect..) for under 300, but that will be about it. Most are going to be 300-600 for that night. With the Hard Rock, Palms, Venetian, Bellagio, Wynn and Mandalay Bay all being in the 650-1000 range.