PDA

View Full Version : Stars should confiscate Jordan Berkowitz's winnings from last year

slickpoppa
09-19-2005, 10:57 AM
He essentially admitted in a magazine article and in the Stars chat window to playing on Stars underaged.

tubalkain
09-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Yes, they should. It's not like he hasn't won enough playing Magic to be able to stay the hell out of poker.

Delzek15
09-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Wow... Someones jealous.

TylerD
09-19-2005, 12:44 PM
who cares?

smartalecc5
09-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Is there really a difference between playing underage and playing underage and telling someone??

slickpoppa
09-19-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow... Someones jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I couldn't have predicted that reply. The kid is an ass, and whether or not he has more money than me does not change that. I can name 20 poker players off the top of my head who make much more money than him who and you will never hear me criticize them.

slickpoppa
09-19-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there really a difference between playing underage and playing underage and telling someone??

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a difference between killing someone and killing someone and then telling the police about it? In one case you have evidence of wrongdoing. If Lee Jones had any balls he would uphold the terms and conditions of his own site.

FlFishOn
09-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Why would you care? Why would anyone?

CountDuckula
09-19-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you care? Why would anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I can think of is that enforcing policies against underage players when they find them is that doing so may provide a legal fig-leaf, if the jurisdiction they're in actually cares about the issue. Personally, I couldn't care less.

-Mike

StacysMom
09-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Former magic pros will own the poker world soon enough. Regardless of their age.

Synergistic Explosions
09-19-2005, 02:08 PM
What does age matter anyways?

At most, a site should freeze the account and money in it until the player becomes 18.

I encourage my 17 year old to play online. I could care less about age. Lower it to 8 for all I care.

tubalkain
09-19-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dave Williams will own the poker world soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

EDIT: Magic pros in the poker world could provide a good reading on when the bottom's finally fallen out of the poker boom. The day we see Mike Long at a WSOP or WPT final table...

Exitonly
09-19-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a difference between killing someone and killing someone and then telling the police about it? In one case you have evidence of wrongdoing. If Lee Jones had any balls he would uphold the terms and conditions of his own site.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would create so much negative publicity, they (PS) would be stupid to do it.

However, the kid is definitely a douche, and would deserve it.

09-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Agreed, they should hold it til he's 18.

OCW

flafishy
09-19-2005, 02:47 PM
OK. Flame away if you must.

But who the hell is Jordan Berkowitz?

Sponger15SB
09-19-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He essentially admitted in a magazine article and in the Stars chat window to playing on Stars underaged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you think he won money playing on stars before he was 18? hahahaha

slickpoppa
09-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Probably not overall, but he did come in 7th in WCOOP last year.

jman220
09-19-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Former magic pros will own the poker world soon enough. Regardless of their age.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, they still lose to former Backgammon pros. And I think former chess pros continue to give them a run for their money.

Fraubump
09-19-2005, 03:59 PM
He won the WCOOP main event last night, unless the dud was lying about who he is.

justT
09-19-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Former-Orlando-Magic-Center Shaquille O'Neal buys the entire poker world.

09-19-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And then, watch out for the Pokemon pros.

DocMartin
09-19-2005, 04:16 PM
That was clearly his mom playing on her account. I'm sure that she was just teaching him how to play so that when the little putz turned 18 he wouldn't go broke.

Allinlife
09-19-2005, 04:35 PM
by this logic, all the underaged kids that some how managed to deposit then went broke should get their money back.

StacysMom
09-19-2005, 04:36 PM
The day mike long is winning WSOP events is the day I off myself.

I was refering to the "cool" ones. As if magic players could be cool in the first place.

boose_bagina
09-19-2005, 04:51 PM
For anyone else that read the "Sync" article, anyone else find it really funny his first deposits at party accumulated to $20 000?...and on top of that he still needed thousands of dollars in loans from his mother.

[ QUOTE ]
he convinced his mother to sign up for an account at PartyPoker.com. She used her credit card to do so and then deposited his money into the card's account—some $20,000 he, like buddy Huey, won at Magic the Gathering tournaments. Jordan says he was "on full tilt" at first, betting poorly as a result of losing. "I was getting crushed by extremely aggressive sharks," he admits. "I let my emotions take over." He guesses it took tens of thousands of hands and all of his bankroll, plus thousands of dollars in loans from his mother, to reverse his fortunes.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know he's prob. payed her back ten fold by now, but thats some mother, and one hell of a way to start poker.

09-19-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dave Williams will own the poker world soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

EDIT: Magic pros in the poker world could provide a good reading on when the bottom's finally fallen out of the poker boom. The day we see Mike Long at a WSOP or WPT final table...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, don't remind me about Mike Long. I had the displeasure of playing against him in Rockville, MD when I was reletively new to online poker. Bleh.

09-19-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I encourage my 17 year old to play online. I could care less about age. Lower it to 8 for all I care.

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming you meant for real money higher than extreme microlimits -

you are a bad father.

09-20-2005, 12:09 AM
this kid really is a dick but he's only 18 so what do you expect?

I read that article on him and frankly I was disgusted by it. So tawdry ..Cant beleive his mother let him drop out of high school to grind out poker....but you know what if I was a trailer-trash kid living with my mom and I was making huge bucks maybe he is doing the right thing.. But only if he saves his winnings-than perhaps it makes sense..this crap about him buying multiple $5K rims for his cheesy mobile is pretty disgusting really.

Synergistic Explosions
09-20-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a bad father.

[/ QUOTE ]

My kids NEVER do anything I tell them to. So maybe I'm a good father in an unorthodox way.

random
09-20-2005, 02:33 AM
Wasn't he playing on his friend's account?

dibbs
09-20-2005, 03:19 AM
Dude good luck, he's broke and in debt anyways. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ro-me-ro
09-20-2005, 04:25 PM
I played him once at a pro tour. Boy did he not like the beating I gave him.

He tried to rules-lawyer me at least 2 times. Infact the whole experience brings a bad taste to my mouth even now.

Rom

Voltron87
09-20-2005, 04:47 PM
why does everyone hate this kid so much?

Spook
09-20-2005, 06:11 PM
I went to a few junior circuit events years go, and did ok, but I got cheated in one, and didn't realize it until far to late. (still drew with the guy) In the other I volunteered to do some judging in the pro level, and was so sickened by the rampant cheating that I quit playing the next week.

those are your magic professionals.
oh, and don't forget Patrick Chapin, who is serving in federal prison for international drug trafficking and under suspicion of murder.

ltb
09-20-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why does everyone hate this kid so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

the kid has been an ass his entire life, as many former magical card players have seen firsthand.

KaneKungFu123
09-22-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl...

jrz1972
09-22-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a bad father.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It's really bad to teach your teenager a game that requires patience, discipline, and math. Especially if it requires them to learn about money management.