Button checks

Turn (t600) 4s

SB checks
HERO???

nyc999
09-19-2005, 11:16 AM
What is the payout structure?

09-19-2005, 11:25 AM
These are "friendly" low-stake home games so I really only play to win. $10 buy-in. 9 players. Top 2 paid ($60 - $30).

nyc999
09-19-2005, 11:33 AM
If Button is pretty loose, I would push. Scary board, but they could have 99, Q10, or a range of other hands. And if behind, you still have outs.

Slim Pickens
09-19-2005, 11:35 AM
The only way you call off 1/4 of your stack preflop is if you're planning to shove the flop as long as the SB doesn't beat you to it. That flop might be one of the very few on which you'd abort that plan so checking isn't the worst thing in the world. After checking it around, you need to shove the turn.

09-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I agree. With an M just over 5 I probably push or fold PF in any other situation. But in the BB facing a min-raise and 1 caller I felt that my odds were great to call (5:1) so folding would be bad. Furthermore, not a good situation to push into two big stacks with KJo after they have entered the pot and one is a calling station - felt that I may have more fold equity on the flop if I hit it at all.

Flop was very scary obviously but when it checked around and even the PF raiser on the button didn't bet out, it signified no one was holding an ace so my kings were probably good.

On the turn, I liked the brick and after the SB checked I pushed thinking:

(a) I likely had the best hand
(b) my stack was pot-sized so I would be giveing draws incorrect odds
(c) Even if someone had an ace, I had 9 outs.

So I pushed, calling station/button calls (of course) and turns over A5o and spikes his unnecessary 5 on the river for two pair. This player makes atrocious calls but given the (lack of) action on the flop, his call with a pair of aces and a chance to bust me was actually good IMO.