PDA

View Full Version : play against a bot?

Lucien Jacky
09-19-2005, 09:39 AM
I have never suspected that I was playing a bot until today. I was playing party 24 I had been playing with a player who was around 14/9 for 60 hands when the table broke and it was just us. I noticed that he was folding his blinds regularly and so I started raising every time and went 22/25 taking it down 20 of those times before the flop before other players sat down. At one point I won 16 hands in a row preflop with him taking a measured pause and fold that seemed identical. Called party they said it was impossible but would look into this player. 16 hands folded preflop in a row heads up seems to be to fishy even for the biggest rock. comments, flames am i too paranoid. I was pissed when other players came to sit down he still had about 120 left.

Cheers,
Luca

09-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Yes, it sounds like a bot. There's some web site selling this crappy bot software which can't win at even the lowest microlimits, I forget the name of it though.

FlFishOn
09-19-2005, 12:10 PM
"Called party they said it was impossible...."

What else could they say? "Sure, we get 'em all the time"

tomdemaine
09-19-2005, 12:17 PM
Good work taking money of the bastard /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pirc Defense
09-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Sounds like a very well-programmed bot.

BruinEric
09-19-2005, 02:58 PM
W-O-W -- 22 out of 25 on blind stealing HU?

You'd think a "live" player would adjust and/or just sit out if he isn't a very goods HU player.

Nice work exploiting the flaw in either the player or his little autoplay buddy.

jman220
09-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Thats actually a good anti-bot strategy. You ever find a bot playing at a table, just try to fill all the other seats with friends, have them sit out, and then just steal all the bots blinds playing heads up. This is a pretty major programming flaw though, not having the bot sit out if the table breaks.