PDA

View Full Version : shed whitetail antlers...

01-24-2002, 07:05 PM
found a nice left half of a 8 point buck today in the woods...was surprised to find one this early as usually its more late feb or early march when i find them. going to try and find the match in a week or so. Saw a nice buck the other day and he still had his rack

01-24-2002, 10:54 PM
feb. is about right. out west we call them by points on each side so your eight point is a four point. in spring time the mice will eat into the shed racks and ruin them. i have four does that come under my upper deck each evening and eat the scrape vegis we throw out the door for them.

01-25-2002, 09:45 AM
...i was taping maple trees for sugar sap, the hard way, carrying 5 gal buckets, etc., and found a nice half rack. overjoyed, i let out a big war whoop which puzzled my dog (a doberman) no end. she rushed over to share my excitement and sniffed my prize half rack. about a week later, i was sitting on the front porch talking to my brother in law who was on his way to the hospital as his wife was in labor with her second child.as we're talking, i see my dog trotting up the road towards me and she has the MATCH to the antler i had found earlier, in her mouth.unbelieveable. i hollared to the wife and she came out and said yep, my sister is having a boy right now and danged if she did'nt. he's grown into a fine young man and plays college football.true story happened mar 9, 1982 we told him the story and gave him the set of antlers on his birthday last year

01-25-2002, 11:54 AM
that is a great story hillbilly!!! thanks for sharing it

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Ray's post said he has does that coe around//// I think he has allways attracted the females....lucky dog