PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 6m ATo

jason_t
09-19-2005, 05:29 AM
5-handed Party 3/6 6m.

<font color="#cc3333">I raise</font> A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif UTG and an unknown Button and LPP SB call.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, <font color="#cc3333">I bet</font>, </font>Button raises</font>, SB calls, I call.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, I check intending to check/raise, Button checks behind.

River: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, <font color="#cc3333">I bet</font>, <font color="#cc3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, I

deepsquat
09-19-2005, 05:32 AM
easy fold imo, so many ways you are behind. SB played this like a straight draw.

09-19-2005, 05:44 AM
9.5 to 1 on the river.

Generally with an unknown player I'm inclined to call.

While button did play it like a straightdraw, there are few hands that he could have CC preflop that include a 3. In order of likelihood: 33, A3 (this most likely would have bet turn), 34s, K3s, and then even worse 3s. But yeah he's unknown, so its difficult to put him on a range.

65s,64s seem likely. Maybe 99-77, but those seem like a stretch.

Ugh im rambling. I cant really come to a conclusion Im happy with. I would just call here.

09-19-2005, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
9.5 to 1 on the river.

Generally with an unknown player I'm inclined to call.

While button did play it like a straightdraw, there are few hands that he could have CC preflop that include a 3. In order of likelihood: 33, A3 (this most likely would have bet turn), 34s, K3s, and then even worse 3s. But yeah he's unknown, so its difficult to put him on a range.

65s,64s seem likely. Maybe 99-77, but those seem like a stretch.

Ugh im rambling. I cant really come to a conclusion Im happy with. I would just call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given those 56 hands you've narrowed it down to, I would say fold.

09-19-2005, 06:02 AM
I dont know if I trust my hand range analysis enough though b/c this guy is unknown. It really looks like he has us beat (as the hand range shows), but maybe he could be dicking around. Not really the best way to put it, but inevitably something like "he's unknown, who know what his range could be" usually crosses my mind when it comes time for me to make a call or fold decision on the river.

I think that could be a leak.

baronzeus
09-19-2005, 06:07 AM
jason,

i'm most curious about why you bet this river. i'd say there's a very low chance you're ahead here. the river completed the main draw that he could check behind with on the turn.

my best guess is a hand like K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or K3s or Q3s or 33 as far as hands that cold call preflop and check behind on the turn.

as it stands now i think you have to lay it down which sucks.

09-19-2005, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm most curious about why you bet this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i agree. I think he was steamed about the empty turn, and just fired out too quickly.

I don't like the turn check with a hand that vulnerable (i'm not playing results either). With only one opponent behind, a free card is deadly 3 way.

TheMetetron
09-19-2005, 06:29 AM
I'm not sure I'm checking the turn, but I'm definitely not betting the river. Button looks like a free card play, SB called two cold on that flop. Somebody is drawing here a pretty big % of the time.

oreogod
09-19-2005, 09:00 AM
lead turn. As is, I still dont bet the river even if I missed my CR.

JoshuaD
09-19-2005, 09:48 AM
I like check/calling that river. Button will bet a pair of 6's here if he has them pretty often, so you won't be missing too much value by checking. You also give SB a chance to C/R a straight without having to put any money in. You also are able to over-call on the SB, who you almost certainly have beat, giving yourself better odds to call down the button. It ALSO might induce a bluff from button with a weak A.

I think the turn C/R is a good idea, it's a shame it didn't work out here, but it seems right to me. You can trap both of them for 2BB's pretty often here.

tongni
09-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Bet this river 100% of the time. What are you afraid of, that he raised for the backdoor flush free card? Fold to the raise. I'm really surprised anyone else says otherwise. If you call a bet on this river, you are probably going to lose. The only time you gain is when SB checked a straight on the river, but that is far outweighed by the bets you miss. As for the chance that the button is bluffraising you here when the SB looks to be on a straight draw? 0.

P.S. I can't believe how many people are saying check the river. This is an easy bet if you have A5.

JoshuaD
09-19-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet this river 100% of the time. What are you afraid of, that he raised for the backdoor flush free card? Fold to the raise. I'm really surprised anyone else says otherwise. If you call a bet on this river, you are probably going to lose. The only time you gain is when SB checked a straight on the river, but that is far outweighed by the bets you miss. As for the chance that the button is bluffraising you here when the SB looks to be on a straight draw? 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're afraid he raised for a free card with the OESD (or possibly a gutshot). A well founded fear considering he checked through on the turn.

tongni
09-19-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We're afraid he raised for a free card with the OESD (or possibly a gutshot). A well founded fear considering he checked through on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going to checkfold the river? If not, then not betting is a major mistake. Playing "showdown poker" is a great way to lose/miss bets. Button can't bluff raise here. If you bet, you at least have the chance to win bets when you are ahead. You aren't inducing a bluff here multiway.

B Dids
09-19-2005, 11:06 AM
I like check calling the river simply because:

A- I'm playing 3/6 6 max, this means that people will bet with any number of hands I beat and their donks, I want to see showdown

B- I have a really hard time calling a raise given this board.

JoshuaD
09-19-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going to checkfold the river? If not, then not betting is a major mistake. Playing "showdown poker" is a great way to lose/miss bets. Button can't bluff raise here. If you bet, you at least have the chance to win bets when you are ahead. You aren't inducing a bluff here multiway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my other post, I addressed this specifically:

[ QUOTE ]
I like check/calling that river. Button will bet a pair of 6's here if he has them pretty often, so you won't be missing too much value by checking. You also give SB a chance to C/R a straight without having to put any money in. You also are able to over-call on the SB, who you almost certainly have beat, giving yourself better odds to call down the button. It ALSO might induce a bluff from button with a weak A.

[/ QUOTE ]

baronzeus
09-19-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. I can't believe how many people are saying check the river. This is an easy bet if you have A5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tongni, you are right. But I think you must fold this river.

gaming_mouse
09-19-2005, 03:09 PM
lead the turn. c/call the river.