PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 6 max, value bet with UI AK? (on coordinated board.)

brick
09-19-2005, 03:35 AM
BB is 37/21/2.2 and haven't seen him get too out of line.
UTG is 40/9/.5 and he calls too much.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, 1 fold, BB 3-bets, UTG calls, Hero caps, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (9.75 BB) 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
BB checks, Hero ... ?

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

bank
09-19-2005, 03:37 AM
I check this turn.

Given you bet turn and bb check called, bet river for value. BB looks like a thinking player and would have check raised any pair on the flop to get it heads up. AQ AJ AT and maybe even KQ are calling this river.

whodaman
09-19-2005, 03:39 AM
hmmm....
i would.
Most pairs he is putting in a raise somewhere. so unless he 3 bet you light, you should be good.

MrBig30
09-19-2005, 03:39 AM
Hero checks. Maybe you could get AQ or AJ to pay you off but would he not have raised those preflop? If you bet and he calls iŽd say you are behind way more than 50%.

Edit: Disregard my reply I mixed up UTG and BB....

NLSoldier
09-19-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero checks. Maybe you could get AQ or AJ to pay you off but would he not have raised those preflop? If you bet and he calls iŽd say you are behind way more than 50%.

[/ QUOTE ]

bb 3bet pf....

yanicehand
09-19-2005, 04:05 AM
Confusing, but given the board I really can't see him c/cing every street with an overpair, and it's not like he has an underpair here. I bet and think I'm chopping and winning much more than I'm losing.

brick
09-22-2005, 03:06 AM
I checked, and villan had AQ.

PokerBob
09-22-2005, 03:08 AM
why did you bet the turn?

brick
09-22-2005, 03:39 AM
why should I not bet the turn?

brick
09-22-2005, 04:12 AM
I guess I should try to answer this.
I could check and auto call the river but then I'm giving a free card and letting them decide when to bet into me on the river. If they check the river, I'm not going to feel comfortable betting... so they get the best of me on the river when I check the turn.

When I bet the turn because I'm playing cat and mouse with them. I figure usually they will be scared to raise me with absolute nothing. So most the time if they raise I will be drawing dead, or to 4 outs, or 6 outs. I'm ahead only when they have a lone big heart. I didn't run the numbers but it seems I can fold to a raise.

I like a check better when the board cards are a little higher or when I have a heart.

Now, it's your turn /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PokerBob
09-22-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why should I not bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

just about every reasonable draw came in. i guess i'd just give up here.

wheelz
09-22-2005, 04:39 AM
they both just check-called the flop in a huge pot, i don't know why you're worried about draws coming in. betting was capped preflop, it's not like someone is likely to have a 7 or lower in their hand.

PokerBob
09-22-2005, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they both just check-called the flop in a huge pot, i don't know why you're worried about draws coming in. betting was capped preflop, it's not like someone is likely to have a 7 or lower in their hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

utg is a retard who open limped. also, wouldn't a draw check/call on this board?

wheelz
09-22-2005, 04:46 AM
a draw might check-call, but so would overcards. i realize utg is capable of having a card below 7, but it's not something i'd expect.

i feel comfortable folding to a turn raise, so i'd rather bet than give a lone heart a free card.

PokerBob
09-22-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i feel comfortable folding to a turn raise, so i'd rather bet than give a lone heart a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. i can live with that.

brick
09-22-2005, 04:49 AM
I think I probably bet the turn too much but bear with me a bit. They don't need anything to call my flop bet. JQ, K9, AQ, JT. Why give all these hands a free draw and let them outplay me on the river, when I could bet and play it correctly when they have me beat?

PokerBob
09-22-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I probably bet the turn too much but bear with me a bit. They don't need anything to call my flop bet. JQ, K9, AQ, JT. Why give all these hands a free draw and let them outplay me on the river, when I could bet and play it correctly when they have me beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sure you are right. i am a losing player. i guess if you are gonna put another bet into this pot, it's better on the turn than on the river.

brick
09-22-2005, 04:57 AM
sorry, just trying to justify all my bad turn bets. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
but at least I'm thiking this one through for future reference!

wheelz
09-22-2005, 05:17 AM
i think you should bet the river too btw. bb is aggro, he's definitely not check/calling down with an overpair.

i guess it's a bet against an unknown too though...