PDA

View Full Version : new to no limit... flopping a set w/ a three straight (PP $25)

elitegimp
09-19-2005, 03:17 AM
Background: I got a little bored playing the .5/1 limit game, so I decided to try out the no-limit. I've been playing hold 'em for a while, it's just been limit online (and no-limit in home games, which have a very different feel IMHO)

10 handed, $25 buy-in (.10/.25 blinds)

Stacks: Hero is BB and has $12.50, and everyone who calls preflop has Hero covered

So I'm dealt 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif preflop, and 5 of us go to the flop, including the SB (pot is $1.25).

Flop is 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and the small blind checks to me. What's my play? (Originally, this was gonna read "how much should I bet?" because I think it's clearly a bet... but maybe I'm wrong)

As a followup, I bet $1 and got three callers, so 4 of us go to the turn with $5.25 in the pot.

The turn is K /images/graemlins/spade.gif, avoiding the straight and putting a rainbow on the board. What's my play? (Again, I think this is clearly a bet... but how much?)

Assuming I'm not all-in (should I be?), I figure the river is easy - check if a 7 or 3 shows up, bet otherwise. Right?

MTBlue
09-19-2005, 03:25 AM
All-in on the turn and bet more on the flop. You're rediculously short stacked and with that board and your hand you want to get your money in as quickly as possible.