PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Playing the Big Blind -- Poker Tracker Users

PhilosopherKing
05-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Are any of you winning from the big blind position? In other words, in the long run, do any of you have a positive win rate in the big blind position?

I never noticed how much I lose in the big blind position until I started using Poker Tracker recently. My Poker Tracker indicates that I have been winning in all positions except in the big blind, where I have lost an average of $1.81 per hand. I play mostly 3-6 and 5-10.

To put it another way, over the course of 6,000 hands played, I have played the big blind 737 times and lost an average of $1.81 per big blind for a total loss of $1,337 in the big blind position. My total win during these 6,000 hands was $977 (from all positions, including the big blind).

I am wondering whether I have a huge leak in my big blind play. If so, plugging this leak would improve my win rate in a big way.

Please help!

lorinda
05-06-2003, 10:50 PM
There is a very good thread on EXACTLY this in the texas holdem forum.

click for SoBeDude's thread (http://www.twoplustwo.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=248368&page= &view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1)

He also just posted an update on how things changed since he took the advice.

The key thing you need to work out is ARE you really losing in the blinds?

Remember to count the blind as dead money when it is posted, and then see if you are winning or losing after that has been considered.

Lori

PhilosopherKing
05-06-2003, 11:50 PM
Thanks for referring me to this thread. I read or scanned the entire thread and now realize my blind play is probably fine. A mere $1.81 loss per big blind is actually a win of $1.19 per $3.00 big blind I post or a $3.19 win per $5.00 big blind posted.

Since I am currently winning $0.27 per SB posted (ie. winning back the SB posted and then some), I have no complaints there either. Correct me if I am wrong, but winning from SB is possible, right?

Thanks again!

RollaJ
05-07-2003, 08:19 AM
according to pokertracker I am averaging a win from all positions except 4th position (?). However that is only over 4000 hands

jennifer29
05-07-2003, 11:09 AM
If you are winning money out of the small blind you are running good. I know you play mostly the 1 chip 3 chip blind structure ( i play 2-3 chip blind ) but i lose just less than 50% in the small blind. Small blind 2137 x 10, lost 10,000. Big blind 2248 x 15 lost 13,238. if you play 3-6 at Party the game is no bargain IMO, for obvious reasons. You should see the flop less than 10% out of the small blind (1-3 chip blinds ). Enjoy the good run, you will lose money out of the small blind. How much is the question.