PDA

View Full Version : Poker Website Board Hand/Card Statistics

09-19-2005, 02:29 AM
Hoping this is the correct forum to post this in. I considered posting it in OOT, but this somehow seemed more logical.

A while ago, I'd say less than 6 months, I came across a URL - quite possibly from these forums, although I have searched and searched to no avail. The URL was to a very well known poker site (such as Party, Stars, UB, etc). If I remember correctly, it contained statistics for all the cards on the board (as well as the hands the board cards made, such as 1 pair, 2 pair, trips, and so on), over either n period of time or n number of hands. I think it was the latter. It also listed the predictions for each hand - ie: they predicted n% of the time 1 pair would flop (or 1 pair would comprise the flop, turn, and river if applicable. Obviously not every hand contained a turn or river, or even a flop. Hands that did not make it to the flop were, obviously, not included in the data).

I've not only searched these forums, but also several popular poker sites, all with no luck. I was a bit surprised as to how accurate their predictions were (assuming their predictions were honestly made before they started gathering data and honestly reported after the fact). If someone could please link me to this, I would be very appreciative. I've tied the obvious about reading up on the RNGs at various sites, but either the content is no longer up/linked to, or I have missed a site in my search. Thanks.

edit: re reading my post I'm not sure that it's entirely obvious - the statistics were based on the board cards just for that specific site (duh? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

cracker9521
09-19-2005, 03:14 AM
http://www.pokerroom.com/main/page/games/evstats/expValue