PDA

View Full Version : call down?

silkyslim
09-19-2005, 02:29 AM
VIllian is a complete maniac and will bet with anything, no rhyme or reason. Bets river with 9-hi, etc. One guy is all-in. I want to showdown my 7's, but is it worth it with the 4-str8 and guy all-in?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

gobboboy
09-19-2005, 02:40 AM
I think the converter messed up. Use this one: http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter/

But going on what you said, if the sidepot is big enough with the maniac I would probably call. If it's smaller than 5 to 1 I don't think it's worth it, since it's close enough to an overcall which probably won't be good.

silkyslim
09-19-2005, 03:23 AM
hey jimmy, just assume there was a guy that bet his last 2 on the flop. I thought that guy was just tossing his last few chips in, with any 2 cards. The maniac was betting with any 2. I had a good pair with an AWESOME kicker. I didnt want to fold.

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-19-2005, 11:51 AM
Dave,

Yeah, I would've raised the turn against the maniac, your hand is a monster against players like him. If he wants to 3bet with garbage then fine, but no folding.

Yes, you have to go to showdown on the end here. You can't really put an unthinking maniac on a hand so sometimes he'll have straight and sometimes Jhigh. Your hand is good way more than enough to call here.

-Craig

09-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Call, only 1 bet.

silkyslim
09-19-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Call, only 1 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
can you elaborate, i dont understand.

otis_nixon
09-19-2005, 11:59 AM
call em down let him bet the worst hand if you raise the turn he'll probably fold

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-19-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call em down let him bet the worst hand if you raise the turn he'll probably fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Doutbful, he's a maniac. I would definitely raise this turn if he is indeed a maniac. I've gone more bets with very marginal hands against guys like this that could have any two cards...I'll see if I can find one.

Here we go, granted I don't know if this guy was as much of a donk as in the example but:

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP has Js 4s (three of a kind, sevens).
Hero has Tc Ah (full house, sevens full of tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 24.50 BB. </font>

Nick C
09-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Who knows what UTG+1 has, but I think his preflop raise makes it less likely that he has a straight (though it does somewhat increase the chances of an overpair or set at the same time).

On the turn, I think I would lead.

MP2 really shouldn't have bet the turn on just a semi-bluff, as he still has to beat UTG+1 (who is all-in), but he might have done it anyway. Anyway, the river card is unfortunate, but I would call. And, actually, I think that even if you knew UTG+1 had you beat, the side pot would be big enough to make a river call worthwhile against a maniac.

nfscreech
09-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah, the guy is all-in on the flop (I think). After that you're making money from MP2, plus the chance you have the best hand against the all-in guy too. Just because the guy went all-in, doesn't mean he has anything. My guess would be that he probably has overs.

rmarotti
09-19-2005, 12:45 PM
http://liverevolt.com/seldomsober/cd.jpg

StacysMom
09-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Is the peel on this flop standard?

callmedonnie
09-19-2005, 03:04 PM
I know you said one player put his last bet in on flop, though it look like he raised pf for his last two bets. Just checking.

I think calling down at least is a must. I personally am leaning towards a 3 bet on the turn, as it squeezes bets out of maniac and builds the side pot which you are likely of winning.

On the river I would like only one bet going in though.

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-19-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the peel on this flop standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Biggish pot, hero often has 6 pair outs, BDFD and BDSD, yeah I'm peeling here.

GoblinMason (Craig)
09-19-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who knows what UTG+1 has, but I think his preflop raise makes it less likely that he has a straight (though it does somewhat increase the chances of an overpair or set at the same time).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you give too much credit to players that are almost all in preflop. His range is really wide here.

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, I think I would lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reasonable although he's a maniac and I don't think you whiff your c/r very often so I like it here.

[ QUOTE ]
MP2 really shouldn't have bet the turn on just a semi-bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Maniac, maniac, maniac! He also probably shouldn't show down 9 high... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Craig