PDA

View Full Version : Great flop, but Villain takes lead from me?

DesertCat
09-19-2005, 02:06 AM
5-150 spread limit, closest thing to NL in Arizona. Villian seems a solid player, aggressive and on a hot streak, tripling max buyin ($350) in about an hour. He's snapped off a few bluffs, but shown few hands. I'm on a cold streak during the same time to drop me almost back to the max buyin, and have a table image of "crap hand raising, flop bluffing, loser".

I get AKo on the button after an UTG limper. I make it 20. Villain is BB, calls, and limper calls. Flop comes KT5, rainbow. BB bets $40? UTG folds.

I get the vague notion that I'm either way ahead (KQ) or way behind (KT). I decide to call. Turn is another K, completing the rainbow. BB bets $75. I'm happy until I realize the card doesn't really help me. In fact, it makes it more likely I'm behind 55 or TT. Once again, I figure it's better to call so I don't lose a worse hand.

How's my line?

radioheadfan
09-19-2005, 02:34 AM
i'd pay off his boat if he has it. let him keep betting...keep calling...cry if you get shown a boat...you're very likely ahead here

DesertCat
09-19-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd pay off his boat if he has it. let him keep betting...keep calling...cry if you get shown a boat...you're very likely ahead here

[/ QUOTE ]

Rivered an ace. He bet $75. I was able to induce a call of my $150 reraise, but didn't feel comfortable that I played this well. I just can't see re-raising the flop to smoke out a better hand, am I wrong?

ahnuld
09-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Seems fine to me. Your not letting him off easy ona draw becuase any straight draw makes you a fh on the A, so yuo only have to worry about the 9 there. If you missed on river, I'd just call again, maybe raise if I had a read, or he checks.