PDA

View Full Version : Who else smells quads here?

09-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
(This is where the hand converter doesnt work.)

I made the top boat here so I bet pot, I'm raised pot by the BB who along with me, checked the whole way. Then I min-raise, then he pots it again. I highly suspected quads so I folded. I wanted to minraise purely to see if he would raise pot again, but in retrospect this was stupid since I much rather would have liked to know for sure.

09-19-2005, 02:09 AM
Can't think of anything else possible. Good read, I believe.

(QJ is remotely possible, but who would check through with that rather than stab at the pot before someone like you fills up? ... has to be JJ unless he's an uberdonk.)

beset7
09-19-2005, 02:22 AM
J8, J5, QJ are all possibilities. IF you REALLY think that quads is the most likely hand why not just call the reraise and show it down. This seems like an awful fold to me.

09-19-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
J8, J5, QJ are all possibilities. IF you REALLY think that quads is the most likely hand why not just call the reraise and show it down. This seems like an awful fold to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't think quads until it was repotted a second time on the river. You think J5 or J8 is going to check through twice (letting a better J-kicker or overpair to fill up) and then pot it TWICE on the river with the small boat? Would have to be a pretty bad player, IMO.

beset7
09-19-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't think quads until it was repotted a second time on the river. You think J5 or J8 is going to check through twice (letting a better J-kicker or overpair to fill up) and then pot it TWICE on the river with the small boat? Would have to be a pretty bad player, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of players, especially those who are used to playing that silly game where you get delt two cards, would do just that.

Call me old fashion but i think that top boat is supposed to get stacked off by quads unless the stacks are super deep.

Filip
09-19-2005, 09:12 AM
I think that QJ is very likely holding. I am not saying that he doesnt have quads but i think u have to payoff. I wont comment on the miniraise since u did it yourself /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bartholow
09-19-2005, 09:36 AM
If you risk folding that hand, don't reopen the betting.

twolf
09-19-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you risk folding that hand, don't reopen the betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. After all the nonaction you will fold out all other worse hands with a reraise but get reraised by the nuts so it's a bad raise if you're not seeing a showdown with this hand. I also agree with you though that it seems like quads so I think it's a good fold.

09-19-2005, 11:20 AM
I think you have to pay this off.

It does reek of quads, but how well do you know the opponent? He could have had J-Q-5-x and whiffed on a CR on the flop, then second guesses himself on the turn and then goes slighly bonkers on the river, thinking that he almost missed a golden opportunity to stack you with your J-x-x-x.

Then again, he might only make this play with quads, but I still think you have to call.

illegit
09-19-2005, 11:42 AM
What stakes are we playing here? And what kind of read do you have on the player? Because minus a read I try to get all my chips to the middle on the end, and if he has JJxx I reload and don't think twice about it.

Autocratic
09-19-2005, 06:00 PM
I don't think QJ checks that the whole way. I think you made a good read.

09-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Easy fold. Anyone who can't fold the second nuts has no business playing omaha.

dibbs
09-20-2005, 12:58 AM
I do think it looks like quads in this spot, as J8 always bets the turn and QJ has to fire somewhere in there.

I don't bother with the minraise though, if I'm gonna do that I'm not folding to a raise know what I mean?