PDA

View Full Version : I knew I was a movie addict when....

whiskeytown
09-19-2005, 01:48 AM
In the last few months, I've taken what was once a casual love and turned it into an intense passion. I love movies - and I'm paying a lot more attention to how they're made, written - I'm looking at the obscure stuff overseas with subtitles..

I can't tell you exactly when it was for sure, but I realized I was a movie fanatic about the time I started going to the movie trailer websites (http://www.apple.com/trailers) every day.

That's when I knew I was hooked....is it too late for film school? Scriptwriter? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

and should I ever do so, and become a director, and make a movie about poker, please feel free to kick me real hard in the balls.

RB

MEbenhoe
09-19-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

and should I ever do so, and become a director, and make a movie about poker, please feel free to kick me real hard in the balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir have yourself a deal.

asofel
09-19-2005, 02:03 AM
* comment erased as it was just not funny *

thirddan
09-19-2005, 02:19 AM
it is definitely not too late to go to film school...

i go to a a school that teaches film and there are a ton of continuing education people...i say go for it...

whiskeytown
09-19-2005, 02:22 AM
You have to give Al Capone first dibs, however...

RB

MEbenhoe
09-19-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to give Al Capone first dibs, however...

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

but i'm closer in location? /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

diebitter
09-19-2005, 04:58 AM
I'm a bit like you, bud.

I think you should get some Guerilla film making books (the great Robert Rodriguez has one), and try and just get it going Search on Amazon for 'Guerilla film' and this'll get you some material, and in each of these there's the 'other titles bought by people that bought this'-type links. I would get on with it myself, but I'm Bundy-ed so it's just impossible for me.

Also, if you got any Rodriguez DVDs, he often puts '10-minute film schools' on each one, and they are pretty awesome (he should put em all together and release them).

Apart from the film school/making thing, a tip from one film nut to another - films you like, rip the commentaries to mp3, and you can listen to em going to work etc - that's a bit of a change to music.