PDA

View Full Version : Less then 8x bb at lvl2

TWINUNO
09-19-2005, 12:08 AM
What hands are you pushing in these situations with pretty much a full 10/1 party table. For example you have people raising with a7 UTG. How does that change your pushing options early on. Or is the response usually just keep pushing and start a new one.

09-19-2005, 12:45 AM
You'll get better advice if you post specific hands that you've played.

Generally:

8x bb at level two would be 240 chips. In this situation you're looking to double up with a resonable holding. However, if someone before you shows strength by raising you can fold marginal hands (KJ, QJ, etc.)

TWINUNO
09-19-2005, 12:49 AM
I am pretty much lookin for a range of what people would do. For instance you have lets say around 200 chips are you pushing kj UTG? Or is there other moves more apporiate or evne moves people do in general.

45suited
09-19-2005, 04:54 AM
If the table is full and I have 200 chips, I'm not near desperate enough to push a hand like KJ UTG.

I'd rather take the blinds, get down to 155, and be the first one in or push with something stronger.

Don't forget, the nice thing about being at a full table is that it allows you more time to find the right spot to push.

In the situation that you speak of, I know that I have to get moving, but I'm really not feeling a sense of total desperation.

09-19-2005, 05:07 AM
If I had seen this before making this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3441973&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) I would have just posted it in here