PDA

View Full Version : ACR?

jasonHoldEm
05-06-2003, 08:06 PM
Does anyone know if this site is still alive? I signed up and downloaded their software a week ago, but when I try to log in I get "Bad user code or password" I can't get into any of the games, and I emailed their support team about 4 days ago, but still no response.

It looks like a pretty small room, but I just wanted to try it on for size...oh well, guess they lost a customer before he could even start playing /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

peace,
jHE

beernutz
05-06-2003, 08:35 PM
email torstyn@americascardroom.com

I get much faster responses by emailing the cardroom manager directly

FWIW they were open for business last night with not one but TWO full $3/6 HE tables running (plus others). Perhaps there is hope yet.

jasonHoldEm
05-06-2003, 09:07 PM
thanks beerntuz...will check it out

Instinct
05-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Beernutz ... I was actually thinking of opening an account there and sent a couple e-mails two weeks ago with a few questions. I called them after not receiving a reply to my first email I sent to their support. I was given the e-mail you put in your last post because the women I spoke to didn't know much about the site.. I still haven't received a reply.

Its surprising me when these small card rooms do not respond to questions from prospective players.

Obviously I have no confidence to deposit money when they don't get back to me before I become a customer.

Hopefully they follow this forum and realize the importance of getting back to us.

Instinct

richie
05-07-2003, 12:58 AM
I have had the same problems with e-mail support. I sent one out last friday and a second one on sunday; still no response.For such a small site, you would think they would respond promptly to e-mails. Go figure /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

jasonHoldEm
05-07-2003, 01:01 AM
nutz,

torstyn fixed the problem with my account and gave me $25 (in promo bucks) for the trouble. Finally got to get into the site and look around...it is pretty tiny isn't it? Well, too late to do anything tonight, but thanks for the info.

peace,
jHE

beernutz
05-07-2003, 10:40 AM
To Instinct and richie. I don't blame either of you for being hesitant to invest in a site that won't respond to email. I only know I've never had torstyn fail to respond to me in less than 24 hours in the nearly 2 years I've been a player at ACR. I always use his personal email though, torstyn@americascardroom.com. I have had some go to support@americascardroom.com go unanswered but this was just after bob, one of their support people left and I think they were having some support staffing problems. Anyway, try torstyn directly again--I see it worked for jason.

This concerns me only because I'd like to see the site suceed so I can some day turn my mound of power bucks into cash. That won't happen without players.

richie
05-07-2003, 04:14 PM
OK, Beernutz, I'll try torstyn's e-mail address. Thanks. BTW, how many promo bucks do you have? Just curious to see how long it takes a regular to convert them into real cash /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Are there enough higher level games going to ever convert them?

beernutz
05-07-2003, 05:27 PM
I think I'll keep the actual number of promobucks I still have a state secret. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif I typically do not keep anything but promobucks on the site and regularly siphon off whatever excess real $ I may have there. I will, however, tell you my formula for promo buck conversion. If you play $2/4 you release 2 PBs for each flop seen. So 50 hands/hour * 25% of flops seen * 2PBs released * ($25 cash / 200 PBs released) = $3.13/hour/table in promobucks released or about .75BBs/hour/table. Of course changing the hands/hour or number of flops seen will change this calculation. There is almost always a $2/4 HE game or higher playing there during night time hours. I will say that I have converted enough PBs to stake me to full deposit bonus buyins at a number of other poker sites, and for that I am thankful.

CtPokerPro
05-07-2003, 09:36 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If you play $2/4 you release 2 PBs for each flop seen. So 50 hands/hour * 25% of flops seen * 2PBs released * ($25 cash / 200 PBs released) = $3.13/hour/table in promobucks released or about .75BBs/hour/table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy Cow beernutz! That is very confusing to me. To be honest, this scares me away from playing ACR. I don't think I could ever learn this formula/method. However, let me ask a question. The first sentence reads to me that for every flop I see at 2-4, I get $2 moved from promo to real bucks? Is that correct?

Thanks for the help. And thanks to everyone for answering all my questions lately about other sites. As I mentioned, I am looking for a second and third site to add to my Paradise only portfolio, and I am trying to make sure i pick the right places to play.

peace

BDHPlayer
05-07-2003, 10:22 PM
For every $25 of promo bucks, you need to play 200 points. You get one point for a raked hand at $1/$.50 or lower and 2 points at $2/4 or higher. Beernutz is right, you draw out cash whenever you have more cash than promo bucks.

However, they only let u cash out 1 time per week.

Still trying to figure out how beernutz was ever able to cash out, you need to win.

beernutz
05-08-2003, 01:35 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Still trying to figure out how beernutz was ever able to cash out, you need to win.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ouch. I won once. I think. It's been a while.

Do I know you at ACR, stranger?

beernutz
05-08-2003, 01:39 AM
It's really simple. Just play. The calculation was just to give you an estimate of what the hourly rate of converting promobucks to cash would be if you play a hypothetical $2/4 game. You are misreading my first sentence - for every 200 flops seen you will turn $25 of promo bucks into real bucks. If you play $2/4 or higher it only takes 100 flops seen to do this.

lorinda
05-08-2003, 09:28 AM
You don't have to win, not losing is a very good way of getting money out.

I did a calculation once on here, not sure what I assumed, that $25PB is approx $11 cash.

Lori

beernutz
05-08-2003, 12:06 PM
I checked and I'm not crazy; I have won at ACR:

<pre><font class="small">code:</font><hr> APRIL 2003 Totals:
BB hours dollars dollars/hr BB/hr
Tourney 2 91 45.5
1 3.5 13 3.714285714 3.714285714
2 3 -19 -6.333333333 -3.166666667
4 14.5 329 22.68965517 5.672413793
6 0.5 21 42 7
23.5 435 18.5106383

</pre><hr>

BDHPlayer
05-09-2003, 02:18 AM
You can find me being a bonus whore under "Hat Trick"

beernutz
05-09-2003, 02:21 AM
Good to see you here even if you aren't my biggest fan. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif