PDA

View Full Version : Any value on the Giants game ?

Indiana
09-18-2005, 11:49 PM
I think the Giants will win tomorrow night but the Saints looked very good last week upsetting the Panthers. Any thoughts on how to extract value from this game? I've already got the cowboy's at -5.5 but need a reason to watch both games.

Indy

lorinda
09-18-2005, 11:56 PM
My pre-line thoughts last week were that the Saints would do much better than expected because people thought messed up training schedules were more important than incredible motivation.

Without looking at the lines this week, I suspect that the Giants are the bet because people now think that incredible motivation can more than compensate for messed up preseason /images/graemlins/wink.gif
I also suspect some people will be on the Saints because "It would be nice if they won"

That all being said, I'll be leaving it alone I suspect.

Lori

09-18-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My pre-line thoughts last week

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Without looking at the lines this week

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this how you handicap? Make your own line and then compare it to the actual line?

lorinda
09-18-2005, 11:59 PM
That is how I did it last year, I have done it for some games this year, and will be doing it properly starting this week.

Sadly I suck, but it's still the best way to do it and I did get a lot better as the season progressed last year.

Lori

09-19-2005, 12:08 AM
the saints are the better all around team, if your going to bet bet them especially as the underdog, and dont give a "one team is more motivated then the other" response because i guarentee that every team is motivated for every reason

rtrombone
09-19-2005, 02:38 AM
The Saints are money on the road and respectable as dogs. It's when they're favored at home that they blow. They beat a very good Carolina team last week and should still be motivated to play well. More importantly, the Giants suck. It wasn't because of Eli that they beat Arizona; their special teams scored two touchdowns.

I think the best bet in the other game is the under. Dallas won both games last year by three and the Redskins D is going to terrorize Bledsoe.

Indiana
09-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Given that the Giants are a running team and the Skins are a tough D with no O, the under here does make sense. I have watched the comcast tapes and feel that this should come in at least 55% of the time. Indy lays only 1 unit on this under. By the way, sweet cash on that KC under last night!

Don't bet too large on tonight's games, the value is low.

Indy

Indiana
09-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Meant to say that the Giants/Saints under is good. I am not betting on the Skins/Cowboys over/under at all. My bets for tonight are Giants/Saints under 1 unit and cowboys to cover 1 unit. Sorry for the typo. Im at work and had to run.

Indy