PDA

View Full Version : playin AK preflop, oop, short handed

wutevahung
09-18-2005, 10:18 PM
4 handed, 2/3/5 but 10 to open, maximum buy in 500
utg folds, button (not a good player, not aggressive enough) raised to 40, sb folds, me in bb with AKs, (600)
what should i do?
1) if he has 300dollars, what should i do?
2)what if he has 600?

sorry it is a pretty basic question, but i kinda dunno what to do with this hand.

this is what i feel like- calling might be good but i dont have the lead and i dont know where he is, so it is hard to play, but if he has ace x then i can take a lot money from him.

reraise? then how much should i raise? i mean, if i raise 80 more he is probably going to call with most of the things he could raise with because he has position, then its hard for me to take the pot down if i dun hit. if i put him all in, hes not gonna call unless he has me beat or coinflip, so what should i do?

i m not really good at playing AK, but ya thanks

Kirkrrr
09-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Short-handed I think AKs is easier to play than full ring. Assume you have the best hand - the vast majority of the time you will - and assume you still have the best hand whether you hit or not on the flop/turn.

OOP you have to get more aggressive since you won't have many moves available after the flop. Re-raising to 80 is fine. Bet 2/3xPot on any flop. By then you should get some type of a read that will tell you how to proceed.

Oh, if I get called PF, and raised on the flop once I miss, fold.

Kirk

wutevahung
09-18-2005, 10:56 PM
OOP you have to get more aggressive since you won't have many moves available after the flop. Re-raising to 80 is fine. Bet 2/3xPot on any flop. By then you should get some type of a read that will tell you how to proceed.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

i was talkin about 80 more, not raise to 80
but yah, do you guys think it depends on the stack? or its the same for all the stacks? anyone like calling here to trap acex? but ya, i thought about going all in so i dont have to play the position but the only hands gonan call me are the hands that beat me, so no matter what this hands seem hard to play with.

like if i raise 80 more and he calls, then theres 240 in the pot and i would have to bet like 200, so i m risking 320 chips to either win 120 or to loose 320, seems bad to me

i know i would win most of time just because my hand probably the best hand, but i jsut want to know whats the best way to make money and to risk the least

but anyway thx for the help.