PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

09-18-2005, 10:13 PM
I have J /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the small blind. 4limpers so I join in on the action as well. BB checks we see the flop

J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I make a $350 bet into 500 and get UTG to call and one other to call. Turn comes:

5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

what would you do now? I bet 500 in the 1550 pot and they again both call. River Comes:

8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

what would you do now? I checked at this point with 1100 in chips left waiting to see what the other two guys do. UTG, also big stack with about 6000 chips still, makes a bet to put both of us all in. Other guy folds and its up to me for all my chips. Big Stack of course has been stealing alot of pots off of passive players, so I decided his forced allin bet was a steal and called. he had 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and i win. Let me know what you guys think about my play.

Lloyd
09-19-2005, 12:42 AM
With 4 limpers I would complete only with the hopes of flopping a big hand like two pair or trips. On the flop I would check-fold. I'm not getting involved with top pair no kicker from the SB against 5 other players (including the BB). When you get called by two players for a decent sized bet on the flop, how is your hand any good? So okay, you pick up a straight draw as well so maybe you've got 13 outs. Betting 500 into that pot with another 1100 behind puts you in a tough spot. If you get re-raised all-in you'd be getting 3 to 1 odds and you're 4 to 1 to make the straight and 2.5 to 1 to improve to two pair or better. So betting anything on the turn pot commits you and you should probably either check the turn or push. Don't know about the river since it's pretty read dependent.