PDA

View Full Version : Do you think I was too agressive?

Buccaneer
09-18-2005, 08:38 PM
My first hand at this table. I know, I know, it is not +ev to sit and post. Now that that is out of the way, do you think I over played this hand?

I get to the flop and figure that MP1 missed the flop and had a PP or a draw. I bet the flop and the lack of a raise from MP1 makes me think that they want to see turn cheap. I bet the turn and was going to fold if MP1 called or raised figuring that he had hit the 7's.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 4.25 BB

milesdyson
09-18-2005, 08:42 PM
1. posting utg is lol
2. folding the turn to a raise is lol
3. check raising the flop is better than leading

istewart
09-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Where did you post? And who raised preflop? Action is screwy.

Shillx
09-18-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm guessing that you are in the BB here. It is pretty hard to follow as I can't imagine that you would post UTG when you could just wait another hand. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

The postflop play is fine. The ideas behind the play are terrible. This isn't a real tough hand to play. If he calls you again you check/fold the river. If he raises you fold the river if you don't improve. You are not folding anytime before the river here with an OESD and 2 overcards that have some value.

Brad

bozlax
09-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Yes. Even if I did have a small stroke and posted in UTG (and, "not +ev" is not a strong enough description of this) without a read you can't go this nutbag against an unknown PFR.

09-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Posting UTG is not a small error. You post .50, and on average I'm guessing this costs you like .20 I mean it's only twenty cents but we are playing .50/1.00.

That being said, I like the aggressiveness of your play. I think I prefer a flop c/r though. If you get 3 bet, well we are likely up against a big PP, but guess what we still have lots of outs to our str8, and we will likely get paid off if we hit it. If he just calls your c/r, we are likely up against AK or something like that and we might now have two ways to win, to hit our str8 or j or 9, or to bluff him out of the pot.

So overall I like it, though a lot of people will call down all the way with AK, and a lot of people will slow down with big PP if you c/r the flop, so reads of the villian are likely to be very important in determining how much money this play will make you.