PDA

View Full Version : The Ladies Have Not Been Kind

09-18-2005, 06:46 PM
I've had some problems playing QQ recently and would appreciate comments on the following hands :

Specifically how to continue when an overcard hits, when to dump the queens.

----
1:

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (17.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (13.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

River: (15.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.70 BB

-----
2:

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.70 BB

----
3:

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls.

River: (8.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

----

Thanks,

G.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lufbradolly
09-18-2005, 07:03 PM
I'll be the first to say hands that are tough/marginal need reads, you don't give any so i'll just say my default plays.

Hand 1: Looks fine your hardly ever good but i don't think you can fold HU in a pot this big. If the villain is over aggressive then calling down is fine. If the villain is solid then you can maybe fold the turn because the K covers the chances that villain is overplaying AK.

Hand 2: Very read dependent because the pot isn't very big.

Hand 3: RAISE PREFLOP. Raise the turn. Keep raising till they give you a reason to think your behind with an overpair.
Call river you'll catch a bluff more than 1 in 9 times.

crovax4444
09-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Hand 1
Hero Caps flop, reraises turn, slows down to a 3 bet

Tight/ AGRESSIVE. Cap preflop when you have no overcards on the flop please!

Hand 2 - (reads would be very good here)
Reraise flop, call a 3 bet (mabye you should cap it).
Turn - re-raise, fold to a 3 bet? (small pot, but I can't say we're beaten yet)

Hand 3
Reraise flop to try to get it head's up and see if you can see what BB has.
I like the turn
I say fold, even though the pot is large, as any diamond, jack or King has beaten you, and the guy has been pretty agressive the entire time.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys

Fantam
09-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Hand 1:
I bail out on the turn, when a K falls and UTG bets.

When you raised UTG on the flop, you must have been hoping that he had overcards. His 3-bet suggested otherwise.

Nonetheless the K on the turn, left you behind most hands that you would consider UTG to be raising and capping preflop. Also behind most hands that he would then also bet and 3-bet the flop.

Hand 2:
What is MP1 betting the flop with? I doubt that he is betting 6x or 4x and there is no flush draw available. Maybe he has a straight draw.

Loose players love to play Ax hands. If you are going to continue in the hand, I think that you should raise the flop and see what MP1 does.

However, I suspect that you are behind to Ax and I wouldnt mind folding my QQ here. (At least after MP1 3-bet the flop or led out with a bet on the turn)

Hand 3:
Raise preflop. MP2 could easily have high cards, but not a pair.

Raise the flop. Its unlikely that MP2 has a made flush and he could be betting overcards. If he 3-bets, you should call because he could have overcards with a flush draw.

I would have preferred a flop raise to a turn raise. (Less expensive lol) I would have called the turn bet.

River card was terrible for you, but the pot was big by then. There are not many hands that you can think of that villain might have that you beat. However a crying call is probably just about worthwhile.

Introductory welcome
By the way, welcome to the forums and dont give up on the ladies. I have been lucky enough to win a few big pots with them when I have hit a set or full house with them. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

09-18-2005, 07:36 PM
First hand is fine.

Second hand, I raise the flop to try to get a check into me
on the turn and then bet turn and check the river You save 0.5BB.

Third hand, I raise the flop to make it expensive for flush draws. I bet the turn and fold the river bet.

POKhER
09-18-2005, 07:52 PM
*Grunching*

After the Preflop Cap, and the flop 3Bet... You could just let it go there. I dont see what your beating that caps/3bets that flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-----
Hand 2
Raise the flop for free turn card(folding to a 3bet/turn bet), Call 1 river bet.

CALLING DOWN SUCKS.

-----
hand 3
RE-RAISE PREFLOP
Turn raise probably wont kick out A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, might have brought free SD?

You could fold the river, i dont think were good often enough.

MaxPowerzz
09-18-2005, 08:08 PM
In Hand 1, I feel that you MUST fold the turn. There is not a single reasonable hand that would play this way (a drunk AQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif?). Calling down from the turn is wrong and its not even close.

In Hand 2, I would raise the flop (folding to a three bet), bet the turn, and check through on the river.

I probably play hand 3 the same, read depending.

afk
09-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Unless villain is a maniac (most players at Stars .25/.50 were very loose passive when I played there) I think you can safely fold the turn in hand one.

Hand 2: I think you should either raise or fold the flop. If you raise, I bet the turn when checked to (usually fold if bet to) and I'll usually check behind on the river, as I think Ax is the most likely holding here.

Hand 3: Reraise preflop. Every time. I think I just call the turn too.

LoaferGee12
09-18-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1
Hero Caps flop, reraises turn, slows down to a 3 bet

[/ QUOTE ]

This is extremely bad. Both the flop cap and turn raise are awful. After the turn, what hand range do you put him on given the previous action? I think a case can be made for folding, but raising the turn here is no good.